What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pearce never to be blue again

I hope he doesn't play origin again, he's just not right for that stage.

What Pearce is, is a great club footballer and he will help win us a comp this year.

He's mentally tough, he has a solid passing game (apart from the occasional one to a player's face) and he's determined as hell.

Agree 100%

I can accept he's not Joey johns reincarnated. I don't care if he plays rep football again. He doesn't need to beat Queensland to win a comp.

Speaking of his mental toughness I saw him just as the 20's started and he was laughing and joking without a care in the world. There's no need for Mark Bouris letters he's not a baby ffs he was in great spirit at the club too. Water off a ducks back.

natheel

Coach
Look Yeh he came out and played well but why doesn't he do it for NSW?

I said in an earlier post good club player but not up to origin. We have persisted with him at 7 and dumped five eight after five eight. We need to give another half a chance.

adamkungl

Immortal
Agree 100%

I can accept he's not Joey johns reincarnated. I don't care if he plays rep football again. He doesn't need to beat Queensland to win a comp.

Speaking of his mental toughness I saw him just as the 20's started and he was laughing and joking without a care in the world. There's no need for Mark Bouris letters he's not a baby ffs he was in great spirit at the club too. Water off a ducks back.

Yep.. for some reason I don't think the opinions of hacks like Rothfield and geniuss on the internet bother him particularly much

hugzy

Juniors
serious question: do any of you roosters fans fear that his inability to force repeat sets will come back to bite hard when ur say... 16-12 down vs souths/storm/manly in the semi/grand final?

i reckon that's pretty much the only thing missing from a guaranteed premiership (minus injuries, but those r completely random)

adamkungl

Immortal
serious question: do any of you roosters fans fear that his inability to force repeat sets will come back to bite hard when ur say... 16-12 down vs souths/storm/manly in the semi/grand final?

i reckon that's pretty much the only thing missing from a guaranteed premiership (minus injuries, but those r completely random)

There's no such thing as a guaranteed premiership, no matter how good you are. Neither Easts or Souffs have beaten Melbourne this year.

Honestly I think the discussion about repeat sets has little merit. It's the latest buzzword used to discredit our halves just like the tries off kicks from 2008.

Repeat sets are great obviously but being a team that is built on defence I'm confident we can keep teams under pressure from our defence rather than in attack.

There's no such thing as a guaranteed premiership, no matter how good you are. Neither Easts or Souffs have beaten Melbourne this year.

Exactly. Nobody rated Manly and especially Warriors in 2011 and yet they played the GF.

I'm not even worried about the finals let alone the grand final. Take each week as it comes and enjoy the ride.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Agree 100%

The letter had nothing to do with treating Pearce like a baby, it was all about attitude. By everyone publicly supporting him, it showed the club is united and has the mentality to challenge the title.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Look Yeh he came out and played well but why doesn't he do it for NSW?

I said in an earlier post good club player but not up to origin. We have persisted with him at 7 and dumped five eight after five eight. We need to give another half a chance.

Our forwards killed it and besides one player, they all made over 100 metres. Then you look at woods stats, 20m was it?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yo listen up here's a story.
About a little guy that lives in a blue world.
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside

Lucas-Con

Juniors
If pearce doesn't play origin again fine but when Reynolds fails next year and he will are we going to see Reynolds get bagged on as well or is that saved for Pearce.