What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats Eager for First Win Over Warriors

19 May 2011

2011Rd11PeatsDetail-139e8c67-52c6-4ad9-9af8-b9f8d0e2ca3b.jpg
[FONT=&quot]Rabbitohs forward Nathan Peats is champing at the bit to get his first victory over the New Zealand Warriors this Sunday afternoon at Mt Smart Stadium.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In his three seasons playing for the Rabbitohs, Peats is yet to enjoy a win against the New Zealanders, including last year’s premiership decider in the Toyota Cup.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But 2011 is a new season and a new opportunity for Peats and team mates to collect the two competition points in Auckland.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Last time we played them was the (2011 Toyota Cup) Grand Final and they obviously got us, and in the two years that I played in the under 20s we never beat them. They beat us every time,” Peats explained.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s a very hard road trip going over there to New Zealand but I’m pretty confident with the side we’ve got this week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s the same side we’ve had for a couple of weeks and I think we can do the job.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peats says the Warriors may have the size, but he believes his team has the plan to get the win.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They’ve got a really good pack, they’re a good side and they’re in the top eight for a reason,” Peats said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They’ve been playing really good footy, but I really think that the side we’ve got can do the job.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We’re not as big as them, but we’re a mobile side and we can do the job.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Rabbitohs interchange players, of which Peats is one, have been receiving praise over the past month for their ability to spark the red and greens when they come on the field. Peats says it’s hunger that is driving them to play well each week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We’ve got some really good players starting in our pack so they lead the way at the start of the game,” Peats said. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Then the blokes on the bench are hungry to get out there so when we get out there we do our job and we just help the boys who might be tired. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Everyone’s having a go and it’s been fun the last few weeks.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peats says he hopes to achieve the heights of fellow South Sydney junior Nathan Merritt during his career, with Merritt lining up for his 150th first grade game for South Sydney this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“There’s a few South Sydney juniors in the side so it’s good to be playing with them,” Peats said. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If I was to get to 150 games I’ll be a happy man and I’m sure Nath will be too.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Peats-Eager-for-First-Win-Over-Warriors.html

Latest posts