What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pelissier sent home

giboz71

First Grade
He must have been on a final warning, because word is he was only 15 minutes past curfew and not drunk at all. Not sure how that is "a serious breach".

Not sure of his part indiscretions.

Pommy

Coach
I guess they expect to be leaving after this weekend anyway.
There’s no point in them setting poor standards of discipline on top of poor performances.

giboz71

First Grade
Got more details. Apparently it was a first offence, and the President of the FFR was the one who caught him running late. The President paid for his ticket home.

Given what happened to Tedesco and Wakeman (who are still playing), this seems totally ridiculous. The rest of the squad are gobsmacked he was sent home for such a minor offence.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Got more details. Apparently it was a first offence, and the President of the FFR was the one who caught him running late. The President paid for his ticket home.

Given what happened to Tedesco and Wakeman (who are still playing), this seems totally ridiculous. The rest of the squad are gobsmacked he was sent home for such a minor offence.
if that is true then it's tres ridiculous … he was one of the best players v Australia, too

astreizix

Juniors
http://www.lindependant.fr/2017/11/...enfonce-au-lieu-de-dire-la-verite,3067625.php

Eloi Pélissier sur son exclusion du XIII de France: "Je me suis enfoncé au lieu de dire la vérité"

Écarté du groupe France dimanche matin pour ne pas avoir respecté le couvre-feu, Éloi Pélissier est de retour chez lui depuis lundi après-midi. Affecté, mais également conscient d’avoir fauté, le joueur s’est confié en exclusivité à l'Indépendant ce mardi midi.

Que s’est-il passé cette fameuse nuit de samedi à dimanche à Perth ?
Aurélien Cologni nous avait donné la permission d’aller nous balader jusqu’à 23 h. Je suis d’abord rentré à l’hôtel à 23 h, mais je suis ensuite ressorti jusqu’à 23 h 50 en m’éloignant de l’hôtel.

Vous étiez attendu à votre retour?
Je ne sais pas si j’étais attendu, mais Marc Palanques (président) et Mathieu Khedimi (vice-président) étaient assis dans le hall de l’hôtel. Je suis allé les voir et au lieu de leur dire la vérité, je leur ai menti en leur disant que j’étais resté devant l’hôtel au téléphone.

Que vous ont-ils répondu ?
Que l’on réglerait l’histoire le lendemain.

Et la suite ?
J’ai maintenu ma version sur le fait que j’étais resté devant l’hôtel alors qu’ils savaient tous que je mentais. Je me suis enfoncé au lieu de dire la vérité. Ils m’ont donc signifié que je devais faire mes affaires pour rentrer en France. John Elias et Brian Coles m’ont accompagné jusqu’à l’aéroport de Perth et lundi midi, j’atterrissais à Barcelone.

On vous sent affecté...
Forcément. Mais la première chose que j’ai envie de faire, c’est de présenter mes excuses à la FFR XIII, au staff, à mes coéquipiers et aux treizistes. J’ai commis deux erreurs en ne respectant pas le couvre-feu et en mentant. Je sais que j’ai fauté et j’en paye le prix un point c’est tout. J’ai toujours été très fier de porter ce maillot et je regrette de ne pas être avec mes coéquipiers dimanche contre l’Angleterre à cause de ma bêtise.

Dans quel club jouerez-vous en 2018 ?
Mon contrat avec Leigh s’arrête fin novembre. J’ai rencontré mon agent Sam Ayoub en Australie à plusieurs reprises. Il discute avec des clubs en ce moment, mais je ne sais rien de plus.

astreizix

Juniors
Google translation mixed with a bit of mine:

Eloi Pélissier about his exclusion from the XIII de France: "I persisted instead of telling the truth"

Excluded sunday morning from french group for failing to respect the curfew, Eloi Pélissier has been back home since Monday afternoon. Affected, but also aware of what he did, the player confided exclusively to the Independent this Tuesday afternoon.

What happened that famous night from Saturday to Sunday in Perth?
Aurélien Cologni had given us permission to go for a walk until 11 pm I first came back to the hotel at 11 pm, but then went out again until 11:50 pm, leaving the hotel.

You were expected when you returned?
I do not know if I was expected, but Marc Palanques (president) and Mathieu Khedimi (vice-president) were sitting in the lobby of the hotel. I went to see them and instead of telling them the truth, I lied to them saying that I was standing in front of the hotel on the phone.

What did they answer you?
That we would settle the story the next day.

And what next?
I kept my version on the fact that I stayed in front of the hotel when they all knew that I was lying. I went down instead of telling the truth. They told me that I had to do my business to return to France. John Elias and Brian Coles accompanied me to Perth Airport and on Monday afternoon I landed in Barcelona.

You seem affected ...
Necessarily. But the first thing I want to do is to apologize to the FFR XIII, the staff, my teammates and french fans. I made two mistakes by not respecting the curfew and lying. I know I made a mistake and I pay the price that's all. I have always been very proud to wear this shirt and I regret not being with my teammates Sunday against England because of my stupidity.

Which club will you play in 2018?
My contract with Leigh stops at the end of November. I met my agent Sam Ayoub in Australia several times. He's talking to clubs right now, but I do not know anything more.

langpark

First Grade
Very harsh. But respect to both parties for handling it all with integrity, especially Pelissier. Sounds like he's not complaining at all and taking full responsibility, even though he could have complained etc.

Good to see egos put aside for the national jumper, despite being one of France's best players.