What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

Yeh he had a big hand in it but there really is a host of factors I think namely;

* Northern Beaches perceived as insular, snobbish and rich area (I grew up there and this isn't really the full reality apart from maybe the insular bit, but anyway) .
* Very successful in 70's, also up near the top throughout the 80's and 90's.
* Raided clubs (namely Souths and Wests) for top players in 70's-80's
* Richest club in 70's-80's
* Manly heart and soul Arko head of ARL 80-90's, perception of NSWRL/ARL bias to Manly
* 1978 finals campaign, Greg Hartley etc.
* Bob Fulton, a winner but pretty abrasive, rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.
* We had a host of real arrogant dudes playing for us when we were dominant in the mid 90's...Terry Hill, Matt Ridge, John Hopoate etc.
* Roy Masters Silvertails thing.

I dunno, what am I missing?
But apart from all that, they go alright

anjado

Juniors
People didn't hate anything about Penrith at first. Then the geniused smugness shit came along. Penrith are the okay symbol of the NRL.

Plus the daily Telegraph and NRL 360 have been massively criticizing Penrith for years without any justification.

Plus when James Maloney carried on like a Muppet the media loved it. Now that it's young players of Islander descent they hate it. Shocked that a Rupert Murdoch led company would try to brainwash working class people to hate other working class people.

GongPanther

Referee
People didn't hate anything about Penrith at first. Then the geniused smugness shit came along. Penrith are the okay symbol of the NRL.

Plus the daily Telegraph and NRL 360 have been massively criticizing Penrith for years without any justification.

Plus when James Maloney carried on like a Muppet the media loved it. Now that it's young players of Islander descent they hate it. Shocked that a Rupert Murdoch led company would try to brainwash working class people to hate other working class people.
NRL 360 and the other mouthpieces of the cancerous evil empire are a blight to society. Now they have no voice, ppl should be dancing in the streets.

Well done Panther. Great defence.

You still live in a shit hole and your coach is a gronk.

The Pride of the League are only paying $2.45 instead of $4.00 this time around for your annual choke.

Two consecutive grand final chokes. That's a paddlin'.

Enjoy the week, dick wads.

BranVan3000

Coach
I dont have anything against Panthers as a club, or their players or even coach

I do find the broadcaster rhetoric around them grating though. Too many ex Penrith players on TV wetting themselves if Nathan Cleary breathes

myrrh ken

First Grade
I dont have anything against Panthers as a club, or their players or even coach

I do find the broadcaster rhetoric around them grating though. Too many ex Penrith players on TV wetting themselves if Nathan Cleary breathes
Actually the Nein commentary was having a wank everytime storm touched the ball, especially Papenscheissen. Even ghouled was openly barracking the storm. Serves me right for not shelling out for kayo

Pennies definitely less smug this year

Latest posts