What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

Kilkenny

Coach
Last years lower grade thread was a tad old so thought I’d kick off a new thread for this year.

Round 1 games kick off this Saturday at St Mary’s Stadium against the Roosters.

Jersey Flegg kick off at 1pm and NSW kick off 3pm. I notice both games are being streamed live on new NSWRL service. I’ve already signed up, it’s $8-95 per month or you can pay for full season, can’t remember the yearly fee might have been $84-95. There is a free trial on offer as well.

Both games should be very competitive and good viewing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Last years lower grade thread was a tad old so thought I’d kick off a new thread for this year.

Round 1 games kick off this Saturday at St Mary’s Stadium against the Roosters.

Jersey Flegg kick off at 1pm and NSW kick off 3pm. I notice both games are being streamed live on new NSWRL service. I’ve already signed up, it’s $8-95 per month or you can pay for full season, can’t remember the yearly fee might have been $84-95. There is a free trial on offer as well.

Both games should be very competitive and good viewing.
Some of us losers who regularly post on LU might pay that but I'm not sure they'll sell many subscriptions. Seems a poor move really

Kilkenny

Coach
Some of us losers who regularly post on LU might pay that but I'm not sure they'll sell many subscriptions. Seems a poor move really
I kind of understand the need to levy a small subscription of $2 a week to go some way to cover costs. Personally, I don’t mind which is why I went ahead a signed up. You can only watch the games they are streaming so there will be many weeks where Penrith games are not being streamed. I’ll go to St Mary’s on Saturday because I have nothing else on and can still get home in time to watch kick off in the 5.30pm NRL game.

maple_69

Bench
Have I missed something on Cole being injured? Not named in either team.

Also interesting to see Riki moved to prop. The club didn’t seem to be able to produce anything but edge forwards for a while and now all our edges end up being middles. I wonder if they just want our edges to have a bit of Martin style ruggedness about them if they’re going to play on an edge and half a season at prop in Cup is seen as the medicine. Geyer got it last year. Keen to see how Hassett, Price, Alamoti and Lipowicz go!

Have I missed something on Cole being injured? Not named in either team.

Also interesting to see Riki moved to prop. The club didn’t seem to be able to produce anything but edge forwards for a while and now all our edges end up being middles. I wonder if they just want our edges to have a bit of Martin style ruggedness about them if they’re going to play on an edge and half a season at prop in Cup is seen as the medicine. Geyer got it last year. Keen to see how Hassett, Price, Alamoti and Lipowicz go!

Cole is out for a month with Calf injury. He did it at training.

betcats

Referee
Good win by our Fkegg Boys, two great tries to Casey McLean.

A grey haired centre warming up for the Roosters by the name of Michael Jennings.

Hmm wasn’t watching but always good to beat the rorters. How big is Casey reckon he could handle some cup this year?

On cup, few names I’m not familiar with overall pretty good looking team on paper. Two halves with fg exp, iongi great talent with lots of cup experience and once sommo or Luke drops back(or both) a good hooker(Scott obviously has talent but I’ve not seen him at this level yet). Also Cole to come in when he’s fit. Hoping for a much better year with that squad. Probably only question is if the younger forwards can step up and lay the platform but the backs and spine is very good.

Iamback

Coach
Hmm wasn’t watching but always good to beat the rorters. How big is Casey reckon he could handle some cup this year?

On cup, few names I’m not familiar with overall pretty good looking team on paper. Two halves with fg exp, iongi great talent with lots of cup experience and once sommo or Luke drops back(or both) a good hooker(Scott obviously has talent but I’ve not seen him at this level yet). Also Cole to come in when he’s fit. Hoping for a much better year with that squad. Probably only question is if the younger forwards can step up and lay the platform but the backs and spine is very good.

Size wise he could handle it. Hopefully he isn't needed. Jumping kids too many grades rarely works long term.

The pack is very young aside from the side is stacked