What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

snickers007

Juniors
Its complex.

The simple answer is a minimum of 8 matches.

There are a whole bunch of other criteria if the player hasn't played 8 matches.

Just some of the conditions.
Has played the same or more games in lower grades prior to the finals series. Exemption needed.

If the player's FG team is still alive during the finals. They can play if not selected in FG. Once the FG team is eliminated during the final series, they will need to fulfill other criteria to continue to play finals.

Thanks Blade.

After I posted the question I had a look at our own NSW Cup squad and noticed that (according to RLP) Eisenhuth has only played 4 NSW Cup games this season, and 18 NRL games. So I guess we can't complain if Horsburgh plays for the Raiders.

Iamback

Coach
Thanks Blade.

After I posted the question I had a look at our own NSW Cup squad and noticed that (according to RLP) Eisenhuth has only played 4 NSW Cup games this season, and 18 NRL games. So I guess we can't complain if Horsburgh plays for the Raiders.

Schneider or TT should play this week too

maple_69

Bench
It’s an interesting one given Horsburgh is a recent rep player who has had a weird year while Eisenhuth hasn’t been in our first 17 for 4 years now but plays a stack of games as our first drop. As a reserve grade comp I think it’s fair enough they both play.

Not to derail the convo but a guy like Tago, that would be an interesting one to judge.

Fangs

Coach
Schneider and Cole both got dodgy injuries from reserve grade late tackles right?

We should be cautious. Winning is the priority but with a mind on who is the backup for firsts.

Iamback

Coach
Schneider and Cole both got dodgy injuries from reserve grade late tackles right?

We should be cautious. Winning is the priority but with a mind on who is the backup for firsts.

Yeah both did.

The longer they go. The better for the NRL side, having meaningful games for the fringe guys is huge

Kilkenny

Coach
Depends on the game situation.

If we are up and likely to play next week for sure. If not then give him 80 so he is match fit if we need him to play meaningful minutes.

Either way. Not having Soni at 7 is a huge bonus
I know Soni is makeshift, but I thought he was brilliant last week, including his kicking game.

Iamback

Coach
I know Soni is makeshift, but I thought he was brilliant last week, including his kicking game.

Yeah but him and Laurie together doesn't give any game management.

Him at 9 with Sommerton 13 is the better mix.

Although putting Laurie in the backs get Peachey out of centre is also a bonus