What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V South Sydney (otherwise known as the wabbits)

Original Name

Juniors
We can't do it again because the team was just crazy, crazy hungry to win. We can still it just not relying on hunger, Cleary's kicking and our backs carries. We'll need more than that now.

May is a first grader too and I know most will be calling for him to keep the spot when To'o is back but Staines is legit.
I feel like May coming in and playing really well is bringing out the best in Staines as he knows he’s a chance to drop out when To’o returns. I guess it will come down to the attacking upside of May vs the defensive upside of Staines. Good problem to have :)

Kiks- 8/10 another really good performance from kiks. Set up a couple tries..hes no look try for taylan was unreal and just world class. Still getting lazy in d but i guess thats kiks..good with the bad.
The thing with Kikau is he cannot play big minutes. We need a decent edge on the bench to spell both him and Martin or we’ll see the worst of Kikau when he tires. The HIA was a blessing in disguise as he was hiding out on the wing completely gassed when the call came in.

Crashtest

Juniors
You and 90% of others didnt want him centre solely for the reason it was presumed he couldnt pass and that critta wouldnt get the ball...

I dont tend to disagree with that..

But i think a select few kinda realised early how we were busted and defence would be the real winner..

Some might not think it was a master stroke but i do. Any other panthers player on the wing and they dont take the intercept critta did. Hes hands to catch a bullet, reading of the game, height and confidence... no one else does that for us.

And that wasnt the only thing..him and momo were an absolute rock that series.

Crittas returns combined with edwards and too and we just got out of our end so well and it took soo much pressure of the forwards..

We role with staines on the wing for that finals series in the poor form he was in and we domt win.. no way he had the confidence for that intercept play. He was avg like 50m a game in the back half of the year.

Ivan took a chance and it turned out to be a masterstroke.
Most on here understood the reasoning and were fine with the decision towards the end of the season to have Momo centre and Crichton wing for the RHS combo.

Those that were against it were just very vocal about it, which would of made it seem like there were more against it than actually were.

Crashtest

Juniors
Just saying, with the right coaching and attitide latrell could be anything..

The problem is though that he has spent the last 2 seasons being coached by the supposed master coach and man manager Bennett, but has never look more unfit.

So who is the right coach that can change his attitude to training and get him fit and playing at his best?

betcats

Referee
No idea why we are still talking about momo, he did well for us last year but he was nothing special at all. Good player to have on the books but we have better and his current form at the roosters is not making me miss him, I would not swap him back for anyone we have besides maybe Jennings, he’d be a good back up. People criticise some of our backs for not doing the tough stuff but I’ve watched all the rorters games this year and he is far less involved than any of our backs, he’s averaging 50 meters per game across four games right now, that’s terrible.

WestyLife

First Grade
Most on here understood the reasoning and were fine with the decision towards the end of the season to have Momo centre and Crichton wing for the RHS combo.

Those that were against it were just very vocal about it, which would of made it seem like there were more against it than actually were.

Any difference of opinion is like that because conversations where people agree are over very quickly so it creates a certain perception.

BxTom

Bench
No idea why we are still talking about momo, he did well for us last year but he was nothing special at all. Good player to have on the books but we have better and his current form at the roosters is not making me miss him, I would not swap him back for anyone we have besides maybe Jennings, he’d be a good back up. People criticise some of our backs for not doing the tough stuff but I’ve watched all the rorters games this year and he is far less involved than any of our backs, he’s averaging 50 meters per game across four games right now, that’s terrible.
We needed a good defensive centre on that side to help protect Cleary who was playing busted. I think we all would have preferred a more attacking centre but needs come before desires.

betcats

Referee
We needed a good defensive centre on that side to help protect Cleary who was playing busted. I think we all would have preferred a more attacking centre but needs come before desires.

Crichton was a better defender than mom was last year. I think it was far more about getting Crichton onto the wing in Charlie’s spot than it was about getting mom onto that side. Mom being a decent centre is what gave cleary the option to do that.

Iamback

Coach

That is exactly where we will miss him. Depth player on team friendly money

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The thing with Kikau is he cannot play big minutes. We need a decent edge on the bench to spell both him and Martin or we’ll see the worst of Kikau when he tires. The HIA was a blessing in disguise as he was hiding out on the wing completely gassed when the call came in.

So true. Billy should be used as am impact player. He just doesn't have a huge motor (unlike some other players).

Most of Billy's mistakes came about when he's past the point of tiredness.

He will be missed when he leaves. Just enjoying what he is offering at the moment.