What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V the lot that stole our song, & claimed it as their own (bulldogs)

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope we see him soon. Lot of talk about how good he is lately.
I think we're in bad position to be taking risks roster wise. If we couldn't make the 8 or had a spot wrapped upi think he gets a run. But right now Ivan won't be keen to tinker with a roster that has saved a disastrous season the past 8 rounds.

martielang

Bench
Even if they don’t debut tomorrow, at least it shows they are next in line to cover any injuries in the backs and forwards.

As they have leap frogged others that are in the top 30, I wonder if the likes of Sele, Liu-Toso, Fuimaono, MWZ etc have started to look elsewhere.

How Sele hasn’t had a decent run in first grade is beyond me.

OldPanther

Coach
I think we're in bad position to be taking risks roster wise. If we couldn't make the 8 or had a spot wrapped upi think he gets a run. But right now Ivan won't be keen to tinker with a roster that has saved a disastrous season the past 8 rounds.

It makes sense

maple_69

Bench
We matched up with Canberra pretty well for the most part. Comfortably matched them up front certainly. They took their chances and we didn’t plus did some dumb stuff. Really just a bit of nerve and polish in it.

Our main attacking weapon was out also and we’re not in a position to pivot our attacking structure from THAT much reliance.

That just puts us outside the top 4 or 5 sides though which isn’t much of a surprise. We’ve gotten pretty good at mopping up the weaker sides the last few years, start of this season aside.

Canterbury can certainly put up a fight up front but if we are serious we win well with the class in our halves pairing in comparison to Cogger/Lewis.

Bad bad feeling about this one

I'm afraid we'll approach this with the goal of racking up a score to help our for-and-against. If we start with that in mind and lose focus of the importance of holding onto the ball it could be a concern. I also hope it doesn't come at the cost of our defence. We have to defend well because the Bulldogs don't have much in attack but if we get complacent there it will cost us. Once we match Canterbury we can run riot in the second half. I would rather play the long game today.

Latest posts