What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith: The slide begins.....

miccle

Bench
Chook said:
Brisbane are playing great football and the more they win the more confidence they get. They are the benchmark in my book.

Chook.

really? hehe I wish i could agree with you! In my opinion, the roosters are the benchmark side in the competition, and have been since the last 10 rounds of 2002. The Panthers, Raiders and Bulldogs aren't far behind that and that's where I rate my Broncs to be. Up there for sure, and they have the potential to go all the way. But they aren't the benchmark..... yet!

xwizit

Juniors
fibro man said:
The Roosters have got a few more losses in front of them too.

even in a panther threat, this guy cant help mentioning the roosters.

id be more concerned about your own teams performance

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not in particular worried about yesterday's performance, It could have really went either way. We bombed certain tries, about 6 if I recall properly. We only missed 14 tackles, which I say was a good defencive effort by us. But our handling really let us down.

We've got a good draw for the next few rounds, wests, souths, bye, manly, north queensland, and then we play the dogs, so i reckon we can win all of them, probably not the dogs though.

If we lose next week to the tigers at home and we slip out of the 8, then i'll definately be worried about the fate of penrith.

But didn't joe's eye look terrible.

P.S. How can Puletua not get ANY points in Dally M, he played outstanding and played 70 minutes of the game, first i've seen him do that.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm not to concerned about the panthers at this stage. To lose two games against two in form teams, well there is no shame in that.

All in all we've had the toughest draw of any team to start the competition and we've come out with a 4 and 3 record. I'm pretty happy with that. Now if we lose in our next two games then I'll be worried.

As for yesterday we improved in just about every area as compared to our performance against the dragons. Unfortuanately that one area just happened to be the most important one...ball control. If we get that right we'll be right back up there very quickly.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
2 losses in a row doesnt indicate a ''slide has begun''. No team in this competition can go undefeated and we just have lost 2 in a row. Too many mistakes we have made. We will bounce back.

Penrif have conceded 80 points in 2 games. It seems that your overrated team has slipped back into it's mediocre mode which is where your crap club belongs. I have no doubt that penrif will miss the 8, I have said it all season. As Ron Jeremy pointed out, Penrif are not in the mix! :D

Caged Panther

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Penrif have conceded 80 points in 2 games. It seems that your overrated team has slipped back into it's mediocre mode which is where your crap club belongs. I have no doubt that penrif will miss the 8, I have said it all season. As Ron Jeremy pointed out, Penrif are not in the mix! :D

We leaked alot of points last year to roosters still won the premiership though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely

Post Whore
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Ron Jeremy .. is that who u have been giving Coqburn too !
I'm surprised u can sit down to type...

Anyone that writes Penrith off is obviously delusional.

Rooster Cogburn. said:

18 - 6

:lol:

22 - 6 (Roosters only try being very controversial)

:lol:

Your team has only scored a measly twelve (12) points against us in the the last two games :shock: :shock: So don't play the mediocre card with us thanks Cogburn.

Come back when you have something intelligent to say, or better still, come back when you're team is good enough to compete with us!! :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Cogburn receives proceeds from the Miss Australia contest: He is a spastic.

Penrith got their worst two games of the year out of the way.

Goosters have got their worst footy in front of them still. Dragons would have beaten them if it wasn't for an ex-panther named Fittler.

rossy

Juniors
fibro man said:
He is a spastic.

You are a disgrace. The total lack of maturity from you is appalling. I pity the world if you have children with your attitude.

To demean people with an intellectual disablity with such disdain is cowardly, ignorant and obnoxious.

You deserve to be banned.

You continually behave in this fashion and need to grow up. It's his sort of behaviour that got you banned from the Wall on the Roosters site.

I am sick of your cheap shots on soft targets. You, Fibro Man are a cur and a coward.

You sicken me.

rossy

Juniors
Number6 said:
Relax Rossy. Get over it son.

1. I am not your son

2. Was I talking to you?

3. Registered on the April 24th & ten posts to your name? Hmmm are you hiding behind a new alias because you've been shamed?

4. Do you support his attitude?

Number6

Juniors
rossy said:
Number6 said:

1. I am not your son

2. Was I talking to you?

3. Registered on the April 24th & ten posts to your name? Hmmm are you hiding behind a new alias because you've been shamed?

5. You're a Canterbury supporter, aren't you?

I obviously hit a raw nerve. I have answered your questions below.

1) Figure of speech, term of endearment to people you have just met, courtesy, etc.
2) This is a public forum.
3) a)Yes. b)No I am not. I am big fan of Trent Barrett.
4) No. My second cousin has CP. And guess what? We live with it and we can laugh about it.
5) I am Dragons supporter.

I suggest that in future don't stand behind the Penshurst RSL Club banner. You are not worthy of it. I just might get in touch with them and ask some questions about you.

rossy

Juniors
Number6 said:
rossy said:
Number6 said:

1. I am not your son

2. Was I talking to you?

5. You're a Canterbury supporter, aren't you?

I obviously hit a raw nerve. I have answered your questions below.

1) Figure of speech, term of endearment to people you have just met, courtesy, etc.
2) This is a public forum.
3) a)Yes. b)No I am not. I am big fan of Trent Barrett.
4) No. My second cousin has CP. And guess what? We live with it and we can laugh about it.
5) I am Dragons supporter.

I suggest that in future don't stand behind the Penshurst RSL Club banner. You are not worthy of it. I just might get in touch with them and ask some questions about you.

1. Don't patronise me.

2. If you weigh into a discussion on a thread between two people don't expect to get caught in the crossfire.

3. We'll take your word for it.

4. People with intellectual disabilities don't need prejudice like that. Calling people names in that way is cowardly, you don't have a mortgage on family members with disabilities.

5. Go right ahead. Tell them I sent you.

Pigskin

Juniors
are you folks above watching the same comp that I am ?

Penrith had 7 players backing up against a white-hot Broncs, and hit a white-hot Dragons at Win

thus far Penrith have won 4 from 7 and on face value doesn't seem that flash for the Premiers

I don't give a dam how many points the Panthers have leaked in the last 2 weeks

nobody above has recognised the fact that the Panthers thus far have played

Knights (with Joey)
Raiders (in Canberra)
Warriors (in NZ)
Roosters
Storm
Dragons (at WIN)
Broncos (at Suncorp)

with the exception of the Dogs, and noting the Warriors out of form - thats the friggin top 7 sides and 4 away from home

and you lot call yourselves students of the game ?

in the early stages of the competition, the DRAW is of paramount importance when assessing how a team is travelling

not only have the Panthers played 4 games away (and probly 4 of the toughest away trips) they've played the friggin top 7 sides and come away with 4 wins

ffs .... look at the draw

if I were John Lang or a Panthers supporter, I'd be well satisfied with the progress thus far

you want to ignore the draw when assessing form ? take a look at the draw the Eels have gone through thus far, and their position on the table hides the fact that they are going like a busted arse - zero hope of making the 8

you can't be "up" all season long - but make no mistake, the Panthers will be thereabouts when the business end of the season starts

if they were going as badly as some of you above are making out, I would have thought they were 0 wins 7 losses

Oink !

PS - no bias here, this from a Broncos supporter

HappyTiger

Juniors
I dont think Penrith are on the slide.They lost 2 games...who cares ?Last season they lost quite a few of their early games and won the premiership.If they lose another 2 on the trot then maybe there will be cause for concern.

How good was that Broncos vs panthers game.

I think its the game of the season so far. It had everything!

Its the first time time in years the Panthers have lost that I have still been really happy with the game. Brisbane were brilliant, Penrith were brilliant....the difference between the sides was a couple of miss oppertunities by Penrith, but all that would have probably led to was extra time....thats the way this game was.

Well done to both teams and well done to Broncos fans for getting 37,000 through the gates. It was wonderfull to see that crowd.