What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Trials Live Stream

yy_cheng

Coach
It took them 80 minutes to buy fish and chips? How much money did you give them?

catching the train from Bondi then changing to the light rail to the Fish markets then fighting a million chinese people to buy fish and chips and then coming all the way back, I think they did well in 80 mins

spiderdan

Bench
I just want to say it now: Peats' influence this year will be felt far more in attack than defence. I find it surprising that most people think his main attribute is defence. He's a wonderful attacking hooker.
i think he has an all round game but agree he will be noticed more in attack. I think his being available was the difference between making finals and finishing just outside (with no disrespect to degois. peats is just the better player at dummy half and plays consistently).

lingard

Coach
Just fell short of streaming at 720p. I was pushing 15Mbps uploads (Telstra Advanced II 4G modem feeding into a Dovado Pro router) but the consistency in bandwidth isn't there without bonding multiple 4G connections and it kept skipping. I think with the correct entry level hardware (and not my frankenstein contraption) I could actually skip 720p and stream at 1080p.

I've no idea what any of that means, Forty - but it sounds fantastic!

catching the train from Bondi then changing to the light rail to the Fish markets then fighting a million chinese people to buy fish and chips and then coming all the way back, I think they did well in 80 mins

A bloody long train trip from Adelaide to Bondi. Must be a very fast train.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think Matterson looked better than Norman did and he had already played in the previous game. Agree on Peats, his injury last year is what halted our season.

I also thought that Quinlan was impressive in the Wenty trial.

Forty20

First Grade
I tend to disagree re Matterson and Norman.

I agree with your disagreement.

I don't particularly care for the comparison between Norman and Matterson in the first place.

I thought Norman did his job quite well given he was burdened with Kelly who turned in one of the worst performances you will see in a while. Still room for improvement but it was a decent showing.

As for Matterson, I was impressed with how he handled the physicality of the game but it didn't feel like he was out there playing as a half. There was a bit of ball playing but mostly he was taking hit ups more then anything else from memory.

From some feedback I saw from guys that attended the carnival today, the coaching staff were impressed with Matterson so he must have played as directed.

strider

Post Whore
I don't know if you realised forty, but a small monkey like thing seemed to have perched itself on your camera

Forty20

First Grade
Ahem, please do not insult my Dead Cat by calling it a monkey!

Rode, an Aussie manufacturer of audio equipment, have an extremely odd sense of humour when it comes to naming their wind shields (so you don't get that awful buzzing/rumbling sound). Their line up features the Dead Cat, Dead Kitten and Dead Wombat.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I just want to say it now: Peats' influence this year will be felt far more in attack than defence. I find it surprising that most people think his main attribute is defence. He's a wonderful attacking hooker.

Agreed, I think De Gois up first for doing the intense chop them down tackling for the first 20 minutes and then bring on Peats to do the attacking forays. These two mature players could not only push and push each other to greater heights during this season but take our club into the top 4, that's if we can sort out our backs so they don't leak more than 12 points per game. Considering our forwards defence and the new rules for getting up quick to allow faster play the balls, I reckon our mobile forwards in tandem with Sandow and Hoppa could easily rack up 24+ points per game. Yes, I know other teams get to have the same advantage but I can see that our squad looks suitable for playing this faster game. Lets wait and see what comes.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
How did Corey Norman go?

He played well. Had awful Kelly on the other side of the ruck but Norman tackled well. organised well and did some nice moves that assisted in tries being scored. Based on what I saw of the 9's and the trials thus far, Norman is definitely a much better player than last season. Fixing his damaged knees has obviously helped but I reckon its the Hayne Plane leaving that has been the greater blessing for Norman. Lets wait and see over the first 4 rounds. We should know for sure by then.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
IDG was solid but we looked a totally different side when Peats came on.

In attack yes, but De Gois defence was on par with the high standards of Barry 'Bunny' Reilly.
Our forwards defence well and truly f**ked over the pink panthers pack of forwards.
But it was a trial. Am keen to see them improve another 30% from round one onwards.
Will be a very good sign if our pack get right over the top of Moanly's in round 1 and smash them for 80 minutes.
Now that would bring me a massive smile that may not be able to be wiped off for a long time.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I don't know if you realised forty, but a small monkey like thing seemed to have perched itself on your camera

With that portable generator and that fluffy thing you would have to think that Forty could be quite kinky under the sheets with his misses at night. And even film it so they can sit back later and laugh themselves stupid.

lingard

Coach
He played well. Had awful Kelly on the other side of the ruck but Norman tackled well. organised well and did some nice moves that assisted in tries being scored. Based on what I saw of the 9's and the trials thus far, Norman is definitely a much better player than last season. Fixing his damaged knees has obviously helped but I reckon its the Hayne Plane leaving that has been the greater blessing for Norman. Lets wait and see over the first 4 rounds. We should know for sure by then.

Thanks, Casper.