What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Trials Live Stream

Forty20

First Grade
Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that multiple tests have indicated that I am barely unable to stream at 720p (HD but not Full HD) which is really, really frustrating as 720p would have been a truly sweet spot to hit.

The good news is that tests at 480p looked really stable across 5min blocks which is as much as I was willing to go for given the precious commodity that is my data usage.

I can not stress how much of a patchwork solution this is (I'll get around to posting a picture of my hideous masterpiece sometime over the weekend) so I can only hope that it comes good for all 3 games. Again if it all falls to pieces I am truly sorry :)() but there will still be highlights from each game.

As far as watching the stream goes, there are 3 separate events on my YouTube channel, which means you will need to hop across links as each game starts. Technically the stream should work once you have clicked on the link, even before it is scheduled to start but in my tests I found that it might be worth refreshing the event page is you haven't received a feed by the scheduled start time.

whall15

Coach
Considering Channel Nine reckon they don't have the technology to broadcast games in HD I wouldn't be too bothered.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that multiple tests have indicated that I am barely unable to stream at 720p (HD but not Full HD) which is really, really frustrating as 720p would have been a truly sweet spot to hit.

The good news is that tests at 480p looked really stable across 5min blocks which is as much as I was willing to go for given the precious commodity that is my data usage.

I can not stress how much of a patchwork solution this is (I'll get around to posting a picture of my hideous masterpiece sometime over the weekend) so I can only hope that it comes good for all 3 games. Again if it all falls to pieces I am truly sorry :)() but there will still be highlights from each game.

As far as watching the stream goes, there are 3 separate events on my YouTube channel, which means you will need to hop across links as each game starts. Technically the stream should work once you have clicked on the link, even before it is scheduled to start but in my tests I found that it might be worth refreshing the event page is you haven't received a feed by the scheduled start time.

Forty, does your coin box accept organic veges?

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm getting it through fine on my laptop, which is pretty good quality I might add, but I don't get it through the set up on my Smart TV.

strider

Post Whore
yeah its great on my laptop - stops and buffers every once in a while, but i assume thats a youtube issue ... quality is great

my tv isn't handling it so great - using youtube app - it plays for 2 secs then does nothing .... its a shame cos the quality is quite good on my 42" tv too!!

you are a genius forty!!