What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

penrith updated injury lists

murraymob

First Grade
Dave.....Simmons.....shoulder..............round..12
Dane,,,,laurie..........hamstring.............round..12 or 13
petero..civiniciva........hand.................round..17
nigel.....plum............hand...................round..16
shane...elford...........knee.......................indefinate

abpanther

Staff member
Man the Petero injury is huge, we have some pretty good depth in the forwards this year so hopefully this can make the club stronger.

With Elford out surely Tighe comes back into the side, I think that's a good thing

Kilkenny

Coach
Huge blow with Petero out indefinitely. Is irreplaceable really. Grant has been outstanding and will continue to do a great job but this is a sickening blow to our chances. Things turned pearshaped in 2009 when we Petero and Lewis were ruled out for the season when we were in with a real show of making the eight. Sure we are a little further up the ladder this season as the same stage but we can only hope it will be 4-5 weeks maximum which will include our second bye.

The loss of Elford while obviously not as devestating is a blow none the less. Obviously Tighe will come straight back in for Elford and was very good for us before his off field brain explosion.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Again Petero gets injured in origin. I am feeling very anti-origin at the moment. The old bloke is taking on too big a workload playing rep footy and captaining a club at his age. We need him more and then he goes and gets injured.

Hopefully its only a month out this time. I think we have better depth this season to cover for him being out and if its only him I think we can manage. As long as we don't get another major player injury I don't think we can use his loss as an excuse for losing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Again Petero gets injured in origin. I am feeling very anti-origin at the moment. The old bloke is taking on too big a workload playing rep footy and captaining a club at his age. We need him more and then he goes and gets injured.

Hopefully its only a month out this time. I think we have better depth this season to cover for him being out and if its only him I think we can manage. As long as we don't get another major player injury I don't think we can use his loss as an excuse for losing.

No one likes to make excuses, but the fact remains when you lose your captain and most influential player it is a savage blow. His loss this weekend in reality will be a major factor and clearly tips the balance in the favour of the Bunnies.

England are third favourites to win the Soccer World Cup. If Wayne Rooney get's injured at any stage it would be name your own price. Injuries to key players is a legitimate excuse, even if no one really likes to make excuses.

maple_69

Bench
Panthers have a tough game this weekend, a should win game at home against Newcastle, the Bye and a game against a hot and cold Broncos.
With any luck Pet will only miss 3 games and hopefully we can come out of this period with a couple wins.

Although Grant has been great this year, he's really stepped it up in the past 2 games at exactly the right time and will really help.

Doomednow

Bench
I think I've missed a lot of games Plum has played in. He seems absent alot. I know he's not a starting player but how does he rate compared to our other forwards?

murraymob

First Grade
plum has spent a large time with us out injured i the games he has played has been impressive.A good defender and hits it up well.Basically does the job needed

maple_69

Bench
Pritchard may be out, looked a bit suss coming off this arvo..
Sadly this is around the time it usually starts to stack up for us.

On Plum, I'd rate him above say Cooper, somewhere around Paulo in the pecking order of second rowers.

Fibroman

First Grade
Paulo is a happy clapper. When Hillsong invest in the anabolic steroid business we might see the best from him?

bigfoot

Juniors
So our injuries are:
Civoniceva, Pritchard, Laurie, Plum, Elford, McFadgean, Simmons.

Hopefully we don't get any more or we might be struggling for depth during the Origin period.

Kilkenny

Coach
Pritchard clearly has been playing injured. Depending on the extent of the injury maybe he would be better getting the damn thing operated on and hopefully getting back fit towards the back end of the season. Despite the hysteria we need Pritchard fit and at his best and clearly his injury is severly restricting him at the moment.

murraymob

First Grade
add travis burns to the list torn hamstring

Wade graham bad cork on the leg.But we have the bye this weekend gives him 2 weeks to recover

shags

Juniors
Whats the latest on Pritchards shoulder? Is he going to have to get surgery? When is he due back?

Cranky Sod

Juniors
Latest on PI

David Simmons - shoulder - Round 13/14
Daine Laurie - hamstring - Round 13/14
Petero Civoniceva - fractured hand - Rd17?
Nigel Plum - fractured, dislocated and tore tendons in right middle finger - ongoing
Shane Elford - cruciate ligament (right knee) - indefinite
Frank Pritchard - L shoulder - indefinite
Wade Graham - corked thigh - Rd 15
Travis Burns - hamstring strain - Rd 15

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=injury-update

maple_69

Bench
Pritchard is always indefinte..grrr
Looks like we're a good chance of getting at least one of Burns/Graham back for our next game so that's good news. I'm hoping its Graham so we can have a good look at him.
Civ out for Broncos and Sea Eagles game, I wonder if they'll risk him for Origin 3. Could be a bonus if we have him for the Dragons, its a tough run we have in there.