What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

Munky

Coach
I disagree. I am sure we turned it on against the Sharks for 80 mins and maybe against the Roosters and Dragons for 40 mins. Other than that we are light years from where we were in the past few seasons.
EDIT - I just looked it up and we got beaten by Dragons and just limped home against the Roosters. Obviously my memory is not as good as I thought.

We torched the Dragons with ease in the Gong, they beat us over Origin.

The Roosters match was won pretty easily but low discipline play with ball in hand saw them score late to make things interesting.

Iamback

Coach
We torched the Dragons with ease in the Gong, they beat us over Origin.

The Roosters match was won pretty easily but low discipline play with ball in hand saw them score late to make things interesting.

The Dragons defence in that gong game wasn't FG standard

Panther Mike

Juniors
I have faith that the Roosters is the kind of team we always show up for mentally finals or not due to the westie v eastie hate, so I don’t expect the somewhat complacent mindsets we’ve shown against the likes of Canberra and Gold Coast.

Pjf04b

Juniors
So when the opposition lifts against Penrith they are playing bad, but when Penrith fire up it is because the opposition is playing poorly.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I disagree. I am sure we turned it on against the Sharks for 80 mins and maybe against the Roosters and Dragons for 40 mins. Other than that we are light years from where we were in the past few seasons.
EDIT - I just looked it up and we got beaten by Dragons and just limped home against the Roosters. Obviously my memory is not as good as I thought.
1st half vs Roosters
2nd game vs Dragons

Iamback

Coach
So when the opposition lifts against Penrith they are playing bad, but when Penrith fire up it is because the opposition is playing poorly.

We made 9 errors that game
Gave away 8 penalties
Both teams missed 42 tackles

hardly us playing well

Fangs

Coach
We made 9 errors that game
Gave away 8 penalties
Both teams missed 42 tackles

hardly us playing well

The spine (Without Edwards) looked the sharpest they've been all year in that game.

Dargons defence helped us but you can only play what is in front of you.

The yak

Juniors
Exactly, thanks! So it seems we have turned it on for 2 and a half games this year.

A couple more.

Round 3 vs Brisbane. Brisbane were better earlier in the year. The game was over after May smashed Walsh early on. But we were up 34-2 after 50 minutes.

Played half a game in the Townsville heat in round 8.

Round 9 vs Souffs. We were rubbish for the opening 20. Clicked into gear after that and put on a score.

The rest has been grinding or rubbish.

Latest posts