What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

This team will move up a gear. Origin players will play origin style. Have the week off. If we have a comfortable lead at half-time I would rest Cleary as much as we can 2nd half. I think Ivan is being sneaky all year and they have something up their Sleeves, especially with set plays. 20+

Iamback

Coach
This team will move up a gear. Origin players will play origin style. Have the week off. If we have a comfortable lead at half-time I would rest Cleary as much as we can 2nd half. I think Ivan is being sneaky all year and they have something up their Sleeves, especially with set plays. 20+

I think we ambush them

Sime_11

Juniors
they better - because Smith and Henry have outplayed them most of the year

it would be nice for Smith and Henry to come on and dominate an already dominated opposition

if Cleary plays - Toelau or Laurie gets the 14 jersey?

Fangs

Coach
they better - because Smith and Henry have outplayed them most of the year

it would be nice for Smith and Henry to come on and dominate an already dominated opposition

if Cleary plays - Toelau or Laurie gets the 14 jersey?

Toelau. Covers 9 and halves and I'm less confident in Laurie doing either.

We have Garner to cover centre which lets us shift someone to fullback if Edwards goes down. So Laurie's best position is covered within the team already.

Fangs

Coach
Leota v Leniu I reckon. Big battle.

Players will have assignments. Robbo surely puts Leniu on the bench where he plays his best football. We should consider Leota from the bench in this one.

betcats

Referee
I want Martin and Letoa to dominate or get sent off trying. Both have been shite this year and it's all about effort. Watching Martin fire up for NSW and then plod along for us has been very frustrating

Bit harsh on Moses imo. Hes been pretty shit last month roughly but he had some great games throughout the year. Marto has been underwhelming all year.

L

Players will have assignments. Robbo surely puts Leniu on the bench where he plays his best football. We should consider Leota from the bench in this one.
Lenui will be gassed within 10 minutes and we will leave the Pinnacle miniscule 🤣

The yak

Juniors

Personally I think May is a better starter than Spencer.

WestyLife

First Grade

The Penrith Panthers are looking to solidify themselves as one of the greatest teams of all time as they aim for a fourth-straight Premiership in 2024.

However, the powerhouse club has gone through its share of struggles in recent weeks, winning just two of their last four games whilst putting on disappointing performances in the process.
Although the club has been decimated by injuries and a significant absence of star Nathan Cleary, the Panthers enter a rare territory as they go into the finals series not as the favourites.

Panthers legend and current deputy chairman Greg Alexander was quizzed on the side’s recent form by SEN’s Andrew Voss and opened up on the club’s Premiership hopes.
“They’re in the poorest shape than they have been in the last four years going into the finals,” Voss said.

“When I say poorest, I’m not saying they’re poor but they’re in poorer shape than their high, lofty standards of the last four years.

“They’ve played in the last four Grand Finals in a row but this is the worst shape they’ve been going into finals.”

“I don’t think you’re wrong about that,” Alexander replied.

“I think it’s been evident over the last six weeks, even the wins that they’ve had, a miracle win against the Eels, a Nathan Cleary miracle against the Dolphins, they’ve lost two games and South Sydney are sitting (towards) the bottom of the table, it’s hard to get a gauge on how your team is going when you play Souths or a side down the bottom.

“If you’re talking about the Premiership bus, it was wobbly on Saturday night.”

Alexander admitted that whilst he isn’t ready to write off any teams yet, he did concede the Melbourne Storm are now the favourites to take it all out.

“I’m not going to write teams off yet but they (Melbourne) are favourites,” Alexander continued.

“But Penrith… their execution was off, there’s a few players that need to lift their form dramatically, you can’t win a comp off the back of someone going ok, you can’t even have one player in your team that’s just not playing his best, it just doesn’t happen.

“Nathan (Cleary) coming back in won’t rescue the side unless the rest of the team do their job.”

The Penrith Panthers open up the 2024 NRL Finals series against the Sydney Roosters at home on Friday night.

Latest posts