What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

Kilkenny

Coach
I think for us to win tomorrow night, we are going to have to play at our absolute best and get the rub of the green. There 1-5 is arguably much more dynamic than ours, particularly there height advantage, Dylan not being anywhere near 100%, and question marks over Nathan. We have to defend well enough to keep them to less or near enough to 20 to give ourselves a chance. If they score 20 or more it could be a tough night and even without there main half they are very capable of scoring in excess of 20.

kinghippo

Juniors
I would much prefer Laurie on the bench, even if he gets no minutes.
We need garner in the second row.
Roosters play a reckless game, chances of someone putting a high shot on are decent.
If Edwards’s or any of the backs get injured or even have to go off for a HIA it could cost us.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is not possible to cover every possible negative out come and it applies equally to our opposition.

This game is so close to call, I hope it is not decided by the on field officials or bunker.

I tend to think one side will probably be decisive winners, just praying it will be us.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It is not possible to cover every possible negative out come and it applies equally to our opposition.

This game is so close to call, I hope it is not decided by the on field officials or bunker.

I tend to think one side will probably be decisive winners, just praying it will be us.
We are massive favourites and rightfully so.

WestyLife

First Grade

Trent Toelau gives us halves/hooker covet and garner center. That's as good as you can get. A full bench of middles is poor unless Ivan is worried about forwards specifically for some reason.

age.s

First Grade
Schneider being the likely 14 suggests they're more worried about Nathan's shoulder than they're letting on. Laurie, Toelau or even Sommerton gives you more general coverage all other factors being equal.

age.s

First Grade
Not going in with cover for Nathan would be ridiculous.
If he's 100% he's (hypothetically) just as likely to go down as Kenny. So Toelau would cover both. Schneider only really covers halves so it suggests they're worried about it enough to roll the dice on Kenny being fine for 80.