What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

MugaB

Coach
Apart from the result Cleary coach out coached Robinson
Robinson putting butcher to front row major mistakes then leaving leniu on the bench till 10 minutes till half time gave our forwards a huge advantage
In robbo's defence, he cannot coach... never could, he is just there to manage the egos they buy from other clubs, Ivan can coach, huge difference, it's why Ivan can rest comfortably putting a plodder out there like huth and still get results

hindy111

Post Whore
Fitting that in our last game at our current stadium we deliver a performance to remember. It was an incredible performance everything that we have been about on this journey over this past five years we just nailed it.

The first 25mins was brutal. Intensity amazing and defense butal. Maybe they took the foot of the pedal after that but seemed a drop off after Leota and JFH went off.
At 24-10 Roosters scored a fair try or would of been bar a wrongly called forward pass. It could of been 24-16 and 20 to go.
Also a few dropped bombs by Topou which is rare.

Lot of positive in the first half but the 2nd was a bit dissapointing. I still didn't think the attack looked that sharp. Lot of ball attacking the line and not finding any space. Maybe a credit to the Roosters defense.

If play like that first 25mins for 50mins tho it would be enough to beat Storm. I still can't help but think they probably went into conserve mode once built the big lead.

Garner had a ripper of a game. And while Kenny may not be the best attacking hooker in game he is by far the best defensive one.
Leota also impressed me.

Who do you play next? I assume winner of Dogs game yeah?

hindy111

Post Whore
In robbo's defence, he cannot coach... never could, he is just there to manage the egos they buy from other clubs, Ivan can coach, huge difference, it's why Ivan can rest comfortably putting a plodder out there like huth and still get results

He looks like he has had botox.

MugaB

Coach
If Storm lost and Cowboys won where would they play their game?
Huh? We need to see which one of these 4 mentioned make it thru... they are all going to knock each other out, but storm/sharks get the extra go at it...
My gut feeling is sharks play us

MugaB

Coach
I don't have a single criticism. Roosters came back into it with Klein giving them a run of calls. It's what he does and I called it before the game. He officiates to get score closer deliberately.
To be fair we all knew that was going to happen,

....Beware the one sided contest
...ashley klein

Fangs

Coach
You know what I'd love to see?

Penrith v Roosters grand final.

The realistic route involves the Sharks beating the Storm today. Then we beat the Storm in a really tough prelim final. While the Roosters wank their way through.

If they still had their spine intact I'd be more confident. They have points in them when sides let them breathe. But we just absolutely choked them out. It would be 2022 all over again and I'd love it.