What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

Murraymob1

Juniors
Johnson is a winger not really someone you would use to play games with.if it was Mitchell or Walker I could understand
We just have to be aware there coming to bash like they did against the rooters .just play footy the game will unfold and open to our advantage

Sime_11

Juniors
maybe mind games from Demetriou to take the pressure off the other wing - if AJ is not 100% and plays - makes sense to try and target him - but AJ is fine and will suit up - Nathan will just keep peppering the other wing :)

Smug Panther

First Grade
maybe mind games from Demetriou to take the pressure off the other wing - if AJ is not 100% and plays - makes sense to try and target him - but AJ is fine and will suit up - Nathan will just keep peppering the other wing :)
The Fat merkin at the back is who we need to target

mxlegend99

Referee
We will bomb the ball trying to drop it between Mitchell and one of his wingers. Kick pressure will either force an error or they'll start their set off inside their 10.

Probably a better result than forcing a line drop out these days as many teams go short and we suck at winning the contest for short kick offs. Souths are a team that love to risk short drop outs so I dont think they're as handy as they used to be.

If we're in attacking position Nathan will look to make Mitchell turn and chase the ball and probably catch him out of position easily like he did for Gutho when Edwards scored.

Really only way we lose this is if our back 3 have unforced errors that put us under pressure and prevent us being able to control field position. Or if we have a player sent off. I expect Souths will come out firing and possibly out-enthuse us early on. But we should weather that storm and by half time be in our groove controlling the game.

soc123_au

Staff member
We will bomb the ball trying to drop it between Mitchell and one of his wingers. Kick pressure will either force an error or they'll start their set off inside their 10.

Probably a better result than forcing a line drop out these days as many teams go short and we suck at winning the contest for short kick offs. Souths are a team that love to risk short drop outs so I dont think they're as handy as they used to be.

If we're in attacking position Nathan will look to make Mitchell turn and chase the ball and probably catch him out of position easily like he did for Gutho when Edwards scored.

Really only way we lose this is if our back 3 have unforced errors that put us under pressure and prevent us being able to control field position. Or if we have a player sent off. I expect Souths will come out firing and possibly out-enthuse us early on. But we should weather that storm and by half time be in our groove controlling the game.
I’d be trying to rattle Latrell like you said landing bombs 10 out. Then if we are pinning them down there and he is frustrated try for a few drop outs. When he is off his game and frustrated he goes short and f**ks it up more often than not.

Fangs

Coach
I think the short kicking on Latrell is just as important. Keep him in two minds by kicking early in the red zone with our backrowers running through the line.

Fangs

Coach
Latrell is never positioned correctly at full back so you don't need to plan around him like he is Billy Slater.

Rugby League can be a very simple game at times. Not much to overthink. We have a much better pack with Burgess and Havili out and if we build pressure then Latrell won't be as effective.

I'm thinking a similar score to last years grand final.

Sime_11

Juniors
this game feels like it will play out similar to 2020 prelim

looking on that game - we butchered multiple chances but still got home - id be confident that if we dont butcher any chances we should win comfortably

Kilkenny

Coach
this game feels like it will play out similar to 2020 prelim

looking on that game - we butchered multiple chances but still got home - id be confident that if we dont butcher any chances we should win comfortably
The Bunnies are busted, but we were in a worse situation in 2021 so can’t take anything for granted.

As I have said previously if the real 2022 Panthers turn up and deliver there best we win. It is that simple.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Bunnies are busted, but we were in a worse situation in 2021 so can’t take anything for granted.

As I have said previously if the real 2022 Panthers turn up and deliver there best we win. It is that simple.
Exactly.

Bunnies might not be at 100%. But they have run up some big scores in the first 2 weeks of finals and are being driven by the pain of a grand final loss. That pain was what drove our busted side to a grand final win last year. They won't be a pushover.

We are most certainly a better team than Bunnies. But they have some points in them and if we're even slightly off our best they could give us a run for our money and potentially even end our season. I don't buy the bullshit of Kikaus video and that being used as motivation though.

As if there's any room to be more motivated than wanting to make and win the grand final. If any player wasn't already willing to give 110% for that, but will because Kikau mocked them then there's something seriously wrong with them.

Girds89

Bench
We have a lot to be motivated for ourselves.

Potentially...
Last game as a panther for kiks and api.
Last games for webster and ciraldo.

Im sure our boys will turn up. Our defence will need to be spot on. Bunnis can really turn it on in attack.

No dumb penalties. No silly errors.

Make latrell work hard.

Our backrowers need to have a seek and destroy mission for illias and walker for 80mins. Kiks and martin need to single them both out and just make them put their body on the line all game to stop them.

Marker defence needs to be on point for cook..dont let him run..

Api should kick a few times early out of 9. Just to keep them 2nd guessing about pressuring nath.

Luai needs to run and run and run. Want to see him popping up everywhere.

All our back 5 need big meters. Not just 3 of them.

Still a long wait till saturday!!

Kilkenny

Coach
We have a lot to be motivated for ourselves.

Potentially...
Last game as a panther for kiks and api.
Last games for webster and ciraldo.

Im sure our boys will turn up. Our defence will need to be spot on. Bunnis can really turn it on in attack.

No dumb penalties. No silly errors.

Make latrell work hard.

Our backrowers need to have a seek and destroy mission for illias and walker for 80mins. Kiks and martin need to single them both out and just make them put their body on the line all game to stop them.

Marker defence needs to be on point for cook..dont let him run..

Api should kick a few times early out of 9. Just to keep them 2nd guessing about pressuring nath.

Luai needs to run and run and run. Want to see him popping up everywhere.

All our back 5 need big meters. Not just 3 of them.

Still a long wait till saturday!!
Field position, good kicking game, minimising mistakes in our own end taking our opportunities when they present it is pretty simple. If we do what we do we’ll, play at our best they can’t beat us. Simple game plan, nothing too complicated, they are dangerous but have issues around key players with injuries.

Frankus

Juniors
Heading to the game. Saturday can’t come soon enough. Historically I have always had a soft spot for the bunnies. But there is no reason we shouldn’t put 30 on this pack of dickheads.