What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths Preliminary Final

snickers007

Juniors
What de we know of this Kennar fella?

Bit of a journeyman.
27 years old, 30 odd games since 2015. Stints at Storm, Rabbits (twice) and Broncos.

Only played 1 NRL game this year, and scored 3 tries against the Knights - but didn't have to do anything special to score them (kinda like most of AJs I suppose).

Has mostly been playing Centre in NSW Cup, but doesn't seem to have been lighting the world on fire. Avg 111m, 5 tries from 19 games, 82% tackle efficiency.

Doesn't look overly fast - Staines will burn him if he gives him too much space.

Fangs

Coach
Huge blow for the Rabbits. At the same time if they played Johnston on one leg they would have paid for it.

Frankus

Juniors
The things is with Souths they are not scared of you. They have no fear. They will come at you.
Penrith might be a little slow out of the blocks. Lot of teams are when had the week off but usually come home the stronger.
I think if it's locked up or your ahead within 20 mins it's game over. Souths will need look to pinch a 12 point lead early and then hope you explode under pressure. Once in your groove they will fold.

Souths can win. Silly to think they can't. But they play high risk footy and passes need to stick.
Penrith only need to play there family natural safe style. Aslong as Nathan's kicking games on then there isn't much to worry about.
But if he is a little off Souths will give it a go. I reckon they'll try and take Nathan out early amd hope he fails his HIA.
I'd be tempted to carry SOS on the bench over Salmon.
Conversely, we don’t fear souths. If we have a slight off night it will be a close game. If we are on, we will obliterate them. I am quietly confident of a comfortable win for us.

martielang

Bench
Souths have got to throw caution to the wind. No point grinding. Should make it entertaining either way.

Think we're clearly a superior side but Souths seem to be hanging in there against the odds. Didn’t have them near the last 4 six weeks ago.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Kennar should help us open up the kicking game he seems bigger and slower than Johnson has had limited first grade kicks in behind him could be a good tactic

Fangs

Coach
Big bro gonna take care of little bro

after 3yrs of dominance only 1 premiership will be a bit of a failure

Yeahhh baby finally some eels fans have arrived.

Where have you been? Hiding on a night like this Kylie would be furious.

Someone2

Juniors
Yeahhh baby finally some eels fans have arrived.

Where have you been? Hiding on a night like this Kylie would be furious.
Been on the Beers with family watching the game just got home

still a bit in shock at 20-12 and the way the Refs were reffing I thought it was game over

the fight back shows this is truly our year

Latest posts