What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

Smug Panther

First Grade
I mentioned it pre game as an 'idea'. I didn't realise Ivan would make it a pre meditated play. Ridiculous big brain stuff from Ivan.
If you wanted to prove that Nathan doesn't have to kick all the time why not let Burton boot it?

BxTom

Bench
Funny we played horribly had plenty of momentum from the ref against us and still only went down by 6.
As Ivan said in the press conference - they got plenty of leg ups including a pretend crusher tackle. I did notice that Souths had somebody in the Ref's ear all night giving him instructions...

chrisD

Coach
Kick to sideline every so often, Get a line set to belt them as they bring it back. Did we kick it the grass once? Even if it was the usual they weren't the normal swirling ones. Were just too easy
Yeah they arrange themselves so that you can't find the grass or sideline. Did they find the sideline against us? They only found the grass because Crichton.

tripster

Juniors
We lost tonight because it became a stop start game. We have thrived since the new rules came in, because it has allowed end to end games without many stoppages. In those games our fitness allows us to slowly get on top of the opposition and then be in complete control of the game by 60 minutes in.

Our Achilles Heel is a stop start game (be it due to penalties or dropped balls). We caused almost all of the stoppages due to errors, high tackles or crushers. Every stoppage gave the Souths pack a rest and allowed them to stay in the game and stopped us getting on top.

I don’t think Martin will get charged for his crusher but I am worried about Yeo. If Yeo gets cited then we will likely be gone next week.

The Realist

Juniors
The first set was f**king bizzare. Luai's little pop gun kick from our 30m on the 3rd....wtf was that?

We honestly looked like a team that hadn't played together for a while.

Why? We were outcoached. Bennett knew that if they shut down Kikau/Luai, competed well in the middle and didn't make too many errors that we'd have nothing form them.

The true Turning point was Burgess coming onto the field. He bashed our pack, got huge metres and quick play the balls. That also took a lot of the energy away from Yeo who had to defend him more often then not.

Ivan and Nathan had no answers other than pray that something freaky happened.

The way that the Storm have deliberate plays that set up the next play, that then sets up a try is like night and day compared to how we play.

Fangs

Coach
We lost tonight because it became a stop start game. We have thrived since the new rules came in, because it has allowed end to end games without many stoppages. In those games our fitness allows us to slowly get on top of the opposition and then be in complete control of the game by 60 minutes in.

Our Achilles Heel is a stop start game (be it due to penalties or dropped balls). We caused almost all of the stoppages due to errors, high tackles or crushers. Every stoppage gave the Souths pack a rest and allowed them to stay in the game and stopped us getting on top.

The first half felt quick enough, the second half controlled af. We lacked discipline and composure.

It was 10 all halftime. Souths win and I can't point at one player because Patrick Herbert isn't in this game. This game feels like it was won off the field.

WestyLife

First Grade
Why the f**k are we turning on each other? Some serious knobs in this place

Yeah it's weird. I've disagreed with Girds plenty but always appreciated what seemed like an exchange of football ideas. Tonight is nuts.

Leinu stays on that bench, did his job very well. Leota straight back in although I won't bag Eisenhuth. He did enough.

110% agreed.

TheRiff

Juniors
If you wanted to prove that Nathan doesn't have to kick all the time why not let Burton boot it?

Someone else kicking wasn't the issue, 3rd tackle was. Keep it to the 5th get another kicker in 9 or at FB. That might actually of worked but a 6 kicking is hardly a shock move

Latest posts