What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

hindy111

Post Whore
Winners from all this are Manly.
Belted but not a physical game. They should be to good for the chooks and I don't think a tought game. They will fancy themselves against Souths.

Storm won't be happy. But either way it is a one horse race for me now I think. I hope I am wrong. But they look certainties.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I think we missed Edwards.
But I think we missed leota and sorrison more. Poor fish and yeo was our only go hard forward the rest just seemed to flounder.

We will bounce back next week and take out eels but sadly that means facing a red hot storm.

Also just personally kiks showed he isn't worth chasing if he wants high amount of dollars. I just don't see it.

Oh and Spencer showed he deserves a spot above eisenhough or whatever the flops name is. He tore in hard every run.
Sad day today but we will get there eventually. Rabbits just had a better game plan and rattled us.

Saffy

Juniors
And they were given an "exemption"?
Well I,d say that's the end for Penrith ,U give them next to no chance of threatning the storm ,as for the so called late tackle on the golden boy Nathan what a joke , good on sths they deserved to finish Penrith off,

martielang

Bench
Well I,d say that's the end for Penrith ,U give them next to no chance of threatning the storm ,as for the so called late tackle on the golden boy Nathan what a joke , good on sths they deserved to finish Penrith off,

Huh?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It's a bit embarrassing for Ivan to come out after that performance and whine about Bennett trying to influence the refs when he did the exact same thing during the week.

maple_69

Bench
Staines made one shit effort for a try in the same play Origin rep Martin couldn’t be bothered hustling to cover. He then made 110m at 8.5m per run vs the worlds best prop who made 80 at 8.8. At least he had a crack and got himself involved which is what the criticism has been. More than the rest of our pack (excluding Yeo) can say for themselves. Was very unlucky the Cleary chip didn’t land. He’ll be out next week but it won’t solve our problems.

maple_69

Bench
It's a bit embarrassing for Ivan to come out after that performance and whine about Bennett trying to influence the refs when he did the exact same thing during the week.
Yep and got a rubbish penalty for the legal kick pressure on Nath. Him and Dave O’Neill are really creating a sour impression of our club. Poor form.

maple_69

Bench
I think one positive out of this game is playing Melbourne in a prelim. If this was just an off game and we come back firing next start, ambushing Melbourne in a prelim will be easier than in a granny.

Really cool to (likely) get a finals clash with Parra too. When was the last time? Sucks none of us can go.

hindy111

Post Whore
And more than likely end the Eels season next week.

If Eels can get pass the Knights which I am not confident about. If managed too they go in with a nothing to lose attitude. All the pressure is on the Panthers.
I wouldn't write Penrith off completely. They where off their game. But Leota and Edwards will make a difference.
Staines unless is a fullback shouldn't see NRL this season. Tyrone May or Naden are better options.
Crichton is also a bit erratic for mine at fullback. Edwards is safer and a better support player.

Saffy

Juniors
What about that late tackle on poor little Nathan ,what a joke!it's been happening all season his old man has made him a protected species ,looks like son will be a wimp just like dad bit embarrassing ,so now sths could lose a player for doing nothing wrong ,they deserved to lose ,if they get to play storm it will be storm win by 40 points .
What about

martielang

Bench
Staines made one shit effort for a try in the same play Origin rep Martin couldn’t be bothered hustling to cover. He then made 110m at 8.5m per run vs the worlds best prop who made 80 at 8.8. At least he had a crack and got himself involved which is what the criticism has been. More than the rest of our pack (excluding Yeo) can say for themselves. Was very unlucky the Cleary chip didn’t land. He’ll be out next week but it won’t solve our problems.

Hard to disagree. I’m not a huge Staines fan but he actually made the right read for that play, he got bounced off cos we were back tracking. Martin half played for the penalty rather than covering the space which gave Gagai an extra half metre which he took.

Fish was really ordinary. South’s clearly made a point to batter him early. Surely on his 3rd hit up in a row when the entire Souths pack have come out of the line to smash him, the word comes out for a couple of short passes between the forwards to break South’s up. Instead we/he just kept running one off the ruck.