What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v The Saddle Club

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan from the beginning thought he was a middle too. Bringing in Garner fixes that spot.
If you go back and read what Ivan said about Martin the first game he moved him to 2nd row to cover injury, you will realise why Martin has played 2nd row ever since.

Even if we sign Garner for next season, it will be to cover for Kikau leaving, not to move Martin to the middle.

I will bet you $100 that Martin is still starting at 2nd row in game 1 next season.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If you go back and read what Ivan said about Martin the first game he moved him to 2nd row to cover injury, you will realise why Martin has played 2nd row ever since.

Even if we sign Garner for next season, it will be to cover for Kikau leaving, not to move Martin to the middle.

I will bet you $100 that Martin is still starting at 2nd row in game 1 next season.
You think Martin will replace Kikau?

Kilkenny

Coach
You think Martin will replace Kikau?
Kikau has his flaws, he has never been perfect, I understand why we were not prepared to pay whatever deal he got with the Dogs. At the same time, he is going to be very, very hard to replace whether from within or by attempting to recruit from elsewhere. Luke Garner is certainly not a like for like replacement and even if our brains trust are looking to recruit Garner, in no hemisphere, stratosphere or any other sphere is he a like for like replacement for Kikau.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tell me I'm crazy but I see Mavrick Geyer as a type of replacement for Kiks. Yep he is raw, but all the ingrediants are there.

I can see MG getting limited minutes off the bench in 2023 as an impact player.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tell me I'm crazy but I see Mavrick Geyer as a type of replacement for Kiks. Yep he is raw, but all the ingrediants are there.

Your not crazy at all. It’s about why we are a development club.

Geyer, Riki, Lisati, there are probably others don’t see a lot of upside in Garner but what would I know. Riki seems to me to be worth persevering with he looked good on the weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach

It’s kinda hard to find athletic wide running back rowers who are 115kgs. Plenty back rowers in the 100-105 kg variety just not as many who are as a big and threatening as Kikau. He is going to be hard to replace.

Iamback

Coach
Kikau has his flaws, he has never been perfect, I understand why we were not prepared to pay whatever deal he got with the Dogs. At the same time, he is going to be very, very hard to replace whether from within or by attempting to recruit from elsewhere. Luke Garner is certainly not a like for like replacement and even if our brains trust are looking to recruit Garner, in no hemisphere, stratosphere or any other sphere is he a like for like replacement for Kikau.

Too many others to recruit.

Kiks replacement is at the club. Like when he came into grade. Will take time

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Be careful Alice; you are old enough to be his

elder sister

The sad thing (at my age) is can easily remember when Adamson bros (who played for Penrith in the late 1990's and early 2000's father John playing centre for Taree Old Bar during the early 1970's

Also when you realise that your older brother went to high school with Danny Buderus's father Gus.

Thank you for suggesting elder sister. You are far too kind.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Rod the Mod has about 15 years on Alice I would estimate. Fathered his first child in the very early 60s.

Age is relative. Some are old at 30. Others are young at 95. It's not about physical age, or appearance.

It's about your thought processes.

Me, I refuse to act my age. One of the many reasons that I got into Early Childhood Teaching.