What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v The Saddle Club

Fangs

Coach
I think this might be a good one.

The Broncos do have enough players to trouble us. Reynolds be up for this one after the grand final loss.

Their performance at Suncorp in 2022 was their best game in years. If they can repeat that same intensity it will be a great game of football.

Iamback

Coach
Broncs can't back up a good performance.
We will cruise in 2nd or 3rd gear and win by 20 again

snickers007

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing the battle between Tago/May and Staggs/Cobbo. Get early ball to any of them, and they look dangerous. Would really like Tago in particular to put together a really strong 80min performance - he only seems to be playing 45-50mins a week at the moment.

I reckon we'll win by 20-30, but would love to keep them to nil. We're scoring plenty of points without really clicking so far this year, but I'm more interested in our defensive performances. And we're missing far too many tackles at the moment. If we get up in Haas' face all night, and stop the offload, we'll shut them down completely.

Iamback

Coach
Looking forward to seeing the battle between Tago/May and Staggs/Cobbo. Get early ball to any of them, and they look dangerous. Would really like Tago in particular to put together a really strong 80min performance - he only seems to be playing 45-50mins a week at the moment.

I reckon we'll win by 20-30, but would love to keep them to nil. We're scoring plenty of points without really clicking so far this year, but I'm more interested in our defensive performances. And we're missing far too many tackles at the moment. If we get up in Haas' face all night, and stop the offload, we'll shut them down completely.

That is just inexperience. Hopefully as the season moves on he puts in more complete performances.

It is crazy to be 2nd in points scored despite not really clicking

snickers007

Juniors
That is just inexperience. Hopefully as the season moves on he puts in more complete performances.

Agreed. Would just hope that the challenge of marking up on Staggs would trigger something within him.
As good as Staggs is, he's still susceptible to having super quiet games too - but when he's on, he can give you a bath.

Iamback

Coach
Agreed. Would just hope that the challenge of marking up on Staggs would trigger something within him.
As good as Staggs is, he's still susceptible to having super quiet games too - but when he's on, he can give you a bath.

Part of my confidence last year was we would just cruise where neeeded.
It is like they get bored out there being so good so drift away for periods of the game.
Manu is the most consistent but Staggs is the most explosive centre. So shouldn't be too hard to get up for

The_Frog

First Grade
20,000 fans all supporting the home side. It'll be like a cauldron. About time the Broncos copped a bit of their own back. I think they'll crumble under all the pressure.

tripster

Juniors
Do we know whether or not Hass will be playing? I thought he was due to be suspended because of the incident with Albert Kelly, but haven't heard anything more about it.

MugaB

Coach
Do we know whether or not Hass will be playing? I thought he was due to be suspended because of the incident with Albert Kelly, but haven't heard anything more about it.
That was a farce, imagine NRL suspending Haas, coz he belted a fellow drunk player for troding on his blue swede shoes... please

ACTPanthers

Bench
1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by El Gringos Locos
2. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
3. Izack TAGO - sponsored by Chemtools
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
5. Taylan MAY - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
7. Nathan CLEARY (c) - sponsored by Hix Group
8. Matt EISENHUTH - sponsored by East Blaxland Butchery
9. Apisai KOROISAU - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
13. Isaah YEO (c) - sponsored by Hertz

14. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Casella Express
15. Scott SORENSEN - sponsored by Granville Plastamasta
16. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by MKJ Projects
17. Jaeman SALMON - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans

18. Robert JENNINGS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Chris SMITH - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
20. J'maine HOPGOOD - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
21. Lindsay SMITH - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
22. Soni LUKE - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
23. Christian CRICHTON - sponsored by Royce's Big Walk
24. Sean O'SULLIVAN - sponsored by Royce's Big Walk

murraymob

Coach
Him and Albert got 1 week so yes he is out unless they challenge it and win

Latest posts