What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

GongPanther

Referee
Very good side. Great example of what investing heavily in juniors can do for your club.

The way Luai and Crichton carry on is annoying though. Overconfidence can come back and bite you on the ass.
O.K., I've gotta admit, it irks me when they do rub it in. OK celebrate a try, but not in the same fashion as the seppos in the NFL.

But just remember this...before last week's match, it WAS a Canberra player who declared that they had the best forward pack in the comp. Of course you're going to get that kind of response if you get belted from pillar to post by a team of kids. Maybe most of the other clubs loved the way we responded to such utter trash talk.

I mean, why wave a red rag in front of a bull?

MugaB

Coach
O.K., I've gotta admit, it irks me when they do rub it in. OK celebrate a try, but not in the same fashion as the seppos in the NFL.

But just remember this...before last week's match, it WAS a Canberra player who declared that they had the best forward pack in the comp. Of course you're going to get that kind of response if you get belted from pillar to post by a team of kids. Maybe most of the other clubs loved the way we responded to such utter trash talk.

I mean, why wave a red rag in front of a bull?
Same thing just happened with matt lodge, he is claiming that they are also better.... we'll have to tune in 2mrw to see by how much

GongPanther

Referee
Yep.

As for the on field stuff that is the NFL/NBA influence. You will see it more and more as the younger players become better in the comp
And it's a little known fact that we are the only side to celebrate a try in goal. So this weekend in all matches, I'm going to remind fans that their team should not be allowed to celebrate a try.

nick87

Coach
You know it, I know it, and everyone knows the Panthers lost that GF more than the Storm won. We handed to them on a silver platter. Awful 1st half.

YIKES
My dude, they f**king blew you off the park. As they did us the week prior.

That GF was over by halftime, and the scoreline flattered the panthers. Comfortably out played by the better team on the night.

GongPanther

Referee
A bunch of housing commission kids have you merkins absolutely triggered.
And they'll be in leafy suburbs such as Emu Plains or Glenmore Park in a couple of seasons, where you find lots of ex Eastern Suburbs and Balmain, etc folk.

GongPanther

Referee
Just an FYI. Before its name was changed to Thailand it was called Siam for hundreds of years.

This is the equivalent of when your girlfriend changed her name to Belinda. Previously, when she was know as Barry, she did still exist. And she would be a far better candidate to ask for help from than me.
And does funny things with ping-pong balls.

GongPanther

Referee
I don't like them because of Ivan Cleary.....but the majority of people don't hate them for the same reason.
The main reason why they are despised is quite simple.....they are a pretty damn good team and their success has not just come from a fluky one time bolt at the title. Good teams are usually hated ones.
And if it takes a lot of eggs to break to make an omelette, we'll be cooking with gas and buttering bread like mad.

GongPanther

Referee
Agreed

Like all top teams they still need to navigate origin (which they didn't last year) as well as any possible injuries and player fatigue in what is a long comp.

They will also have to play good teams away from home which they haven't yet done in 2021 and won't do until round 11.
During origin I don't think there will be a problem, as our reserve grade team is bustling with talent.

GongPanther

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/423f4e0759f720551f1884ad59a1a202

"Cocky", "arrogance" - the word they are looking for is smug. Imagine the level if they actually won the thing last year
Absolutely fook all recognition from NRL 360 in the previous 4 rounds in regards to Penrith. But two nights ago, there they are, giving the Panthers a glaring report at last about the season they are having.

Then enters Paul Crawley, who after 4 days after the game, decides to go all shitty for some reason with that "if I don't shout my message, people will believe me" voice. They way he was pissing about embarrassed the other three blokes on the show.

It's the kind of shit media gets to sway people's minds into thinking which party to vote for a week leading up to an election.

Sadly, sheep get taken in for that as well.