What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Munted

Bench
I can't imagine any scenario where Brisbane win, even if we score 3 unanswered tries to start the game
With all the team changes kevvie has made it may just be the catalyst for a good night out for the broncos. Strange things happen!

GongPanther

Referee
Erm, yeah!
if punches started to get thrown, and this idiot gets clipped, glasses broke face caved in... not a good look for the game, he could have been seriously injured, luckly it was just a measly 10k, which the raiders would have paid, not from his wage, they spend that every few months on rickys press conferences anyways
I was referring to your suggestion that his jaw should have been broken, which was a silly thing to say.

Twas the heat of the moment, and we all should simply move along.....until the next time Canberra or Penrith are in the headlines again.

SBD82

Coach
Brandy defending the Panthers’ behaviour makes me think that Steve Linnane did more damage than previously thought.

I’d like to apologise to Brandy for understating the impact and calling him a miserable merkin all these years.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Lol imagine smugging it up in a game where you got smashed up front by the Broncos forward pack

I've supported plenty of raiders sides that have struggled against bad teams (we were famously bad against the mid 2010s knights a team statistically comparable in badness to the bronx) but you just gotta slink off the field after stealing the win lol

MugaB

Coach
Lol imagine smugging it up in a game where you got smashed up front by the Broncos forward pack

I've supported plenty of raiders sides that have struggled against bad teams (we were famously bad against the mid 2010s knights a team statistically comparable in badness to the bronx) but you just gotta slink off the field after stealing the win lol
Will be saving this quote for after round 14

betcats

Referee

You still talking about us a week later you goose, that loss got to you didn’t it? We living in your head rent free.

BadnMean

Juniors
Imagine going on to a rugby league forum and talking about the rugby league game that was on that night. What a crazy thing for a footy fan to do.

Then imagine being the guy taking all that discussion as a sign that everyone is obsessed with your team. Disappearing up your own smugness levels.

mave

Coach
Haha.
I like a team with a bit of the smart arse in them.

Clearly the chin missed the memo though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

There's quality in that Broncos pack, it's not exactly diabolical to be beaten up by them.

I think the thing that people don't realise about professional sport and the NRL in particular is how hard it is to be up mentally and physically every week. There's going to be banana skin games where you're just not there mentally, physically you might have a short turnaround, had a bruising hitout last time around etc. And Penrith potentially had that, yet still found a way to win. There's merit in that. No one is up every week.

For Penrith to win 20 straight round robin games or whatever it is, plus finals last year, it's an incredible effort even if they didn't win in the big show. Which again, isn't to be sneezed at given they were beaten by a great team.

I don't get the hate for the Panthers, barring the arrogance. I love watching them.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
How does a team show they aren’t arrogant f**kwits?

why with a choreographed team wide hand shake of course!

I don't think they're that worried about showing they're not. Neither has your club at times, and that's cool - as long as they know that creates a target on their back and a significant slap down if they're not #1 at the end of it all.