What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Pretty Penny

Juniors
It’s not communist North Korea. No one has to like what everyone says, but we all have a right to say how we feel. I like to see Melbourne Storm successful mainly because they are the only NRL team based in hostile territory and I hope they continue. John Ribot was the driving force in the initial birth of the Melbourne Storm

The reason that the Melbourne Storm lost premierships was that third party deals were sanctioned by John Ribot.

Brisbane Broncos were doing the exact same thing at the time but their third party deals were deemed outside the salary cap.

NRL auditor Ian Schubert, said that Cameron Smith's former manager Jim Banaghan alleged Storm CEO Brian Waldron instructed him to deal exclusively with Ribot .

It is not a breach of NRL policy for John Ribot to negotiate with Banaghan but it was deemed by Ian Schubert that he cannot do so on Melbourne's behalf - thus all third-party deals Ribot sanctioned fall under the salary cap.

So all the third party deals that John Ribot had organised for Melbourne Storm players became part of the salary cap and thus it was deemed that Melbourne were over the salary cap.

Ribot, the architect of Super League and the Storm's foundation chairman, is set to be confirmed as a QRL director and is vying for an ARL board position.

So a lot of the Melbourne Storm losing premierships was political and an attempt to undermine John Ribot given the Super League wars.

It’s easy to say it’s all about Bellamy, Ponissi or anyone else but for me it’s about a well organised team off the pitch that creates the well oiled team on the pitch.

I don't really agree with is attributing the recruitment to Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy. It is not simply these two. They have the best recruitment team in the business siphoning the standout players to them.

What makes Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy so successful is who they surround themselves with.

Additionally, the morale goes hand in hand with winning. Its kind of chicken and egg though. You cant win without good morale and good morale is the result of winning. All that other stuff about family days and what not happen at every club.

Last edited:

Pretty Penny

Juniors
How dare you try and stop me from using the salary cap and the wrestle and every other half backed argument and lie that a biased and jealous Sydney media use as a reason to bag the Storm's success; it’s only been 12 years since it happened. And the current crop of affable Storm players were at least 10-13 years old then; so they must have benefitted some how !!

No big 3, No Storm.

You can put your house on that , they will be struggling to win the wooden spoon once the Big 3 retire , you mark my words ????????

ACTPanthers

Bench
It’s not communist North Korea. No one has to like what everyone says, but we all have a right to say how we feel. I like to see Melbourne Storm successful mainly because they are the only NRL team based in hostile territory and I hope they continue. John Ribot was the driving force in the initial birth of the Melbourne Storm

The reason that the Melbourne Storm lost premierships was that third party deals were sanctioned by John Ribot.

Brisbane Broncos were doing the exact same thing at the time but their third party deals were deemed outside the salary cap.

NRL auditor Ian Schubert, said that Cameron Smith's former manager Jim Banaghan alleged Storm CEO Brian Waldron instructed him to deal exclusively with Ribot .

It is not a breach of NRL policy for John Ribot to negotiate with Banaghan but it was deemed by Ian Schubert that he cannot do so on Melbourne's behalf - thus all third-party deals Ribot sanctioned fall under the salary cap.

So all the third party deals that John Ribot had organised for Melbourne Storm players became part of the salary cap and thus it was deemed that Melbourne were over the salary cap.

Ribot, the architect of Super League and the Storm's foundation chairman, is set to be confirmed as a QRL director and is vying for an ARL board position.

So a lot of the Melbourne Storm losing premierships was political and an attempt to undermine John Ribot given the Super League wars.

It’s easy to say it’s all about Bellamy, Ponissi or anyone else but for me it’s about a well organised team off the pitch that creates the well oiled team on the pitch.

I don't really agree with is attributing the recruitment to Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy. It is not simply these two. They have the best recruitment team in the business siphoning the standout players to them.

What makes Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy so successful is who they surround themselves with.

Additionally, the morale goes hand in hand with winning. Its kind of chicken and egg though. You cant win without good morale and good morale is the result of winning. All that other stuff about family days and what not happen at every club.
Why do you plagiarise shit and not link the source?

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Say what you like Jim Rockford…
Who’s the most influential players in the Panthers team. Cleary, Yeo, Fisher-Harris , Korisau, To’o. When playing as a partnership, I’d only add Luai to that.
None of them played against Melbourne , other than Luai. Melbourne full strength other than Nelson and Tui.
Penrith scored a couple of tries & over the line a couple more times.
You never know what Pangai Jnr may bring either, for the rest of the year.
Put Burton back at centre.
If & it’s a big if… Penrith were at full strength next time. They have a chance.
Nothing is over, until it’s over.
Plus, Melbourne are the cocky ones now.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
I think its more likely he is psychologically scarred from the GF choke and that's why he keeps avoiding playing them.
Bahaha listen to Gus, he is the greatest Storm hater in world history.

Lol when Storm haters mention grapple tackles from 14-15 years ago , salary cap issues from 14 years ago an try to make it relevant now ????, most Storm players were like 10 years old that’s how sad these people are l Manly 40 -0 in 2008 , Storm in the last 10 years 3 premierships 6 gfs , Manly nothing apart from a salary cap scandal an losing sponsors .

One of the best hookers, if not best players ever to play league retired and they actually look better as a result. What’s scary is they are a little off their best at the moment, a few rusty combinations with players coming back from injury.
Melbourne just have too many weapons.
If Hughes doesn’t get you, its, Cheese, or Munster, or JAC, Olam, Hynes, Paps, Grant, Brom Brothers. Welsh. Funicane etc

Manly have stumbled upon a player for the ages in Tommy Turbo, lets see if he can beat the Storm single handed this week.

If Tommy Tubo can beat Storm, he may be the greatest player of all time. no seriously!

Last edited:

Pretty Penny

Juniors
What exactly did I say?

I always enjoy people like you Jim Rockford whinging and whining. lol its pathetic , Jimmy you are the guy who will say Billy Slater isn’t the best fullback cus when I was a lad Clive Churchill was better , now unless your close to 100 years old no ones ever seen Clive play live , playing against plumbers and milkman ????.The Storm with or without origin stars have been decimating teams for years and years and years, no matter what rules, no matter how much they CHANGE THE RULES. , doesn’t mean they will win the premiership and I think my Penny Panthers will all the players we are missing will beat the Storm when we are at full strength, but seriously these haters will never respect us an we, the Penrith Panthers don’t need their respect we would prefer to win lol. Yeo, Cleary, JFH and To’o all badly missed

Jim Rockford

Bench
I always enjoy people like you Jim Rockford whinging and whining. lol its pathetic , Jimmy you are the guy who will say Billy Slater isn’t the best fullback cus when I was a lad Clive Churchill was better , now unless your close to 100 years old no ones ever seen Clive play live , playing against plumbers and milkman ????.The Storm with or without origin stars have been decimating teams for years and years and years, no matter what rules, no matter how much they CHANGE THE RULES. , doesn’t mean they will win the premiership and I think my Penny Panthers will all the players we are missing will beat the Storm when we are at full strength, but seriously these haters will never respect us an we, the Penrith Panthers don’t need their respect we would prefer to win lol. Yeo, Cleary, JFH and To’o all badly missed
So you don't have an actual quote then? Those voices in your head getting a bit out of control eh? I realise you think you're some sort of Master Troll, but everyone on here knows you're a sad,pathetic try-hard. I look forward to the litany of excuses you offer up when Penrith fall short (even though you're not an actual Penrith supporter).

Pretty Penny

Juniors
After the weekend I am even more confident that Penrith Panthers will win the premiership. We looked awesome and Burton is one of the best players in the NRL.

The Lockdown Storm looked very clunky and I wouldn't be surprised if Manly knock them over in the finals even if the Storm beat the 19 game winning streak record.

I expect it to be a Penrith v Manly grand final.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Being a hopeless malcontentedly masochistic bunch of fools living in an alternate reality awaiting the return of a premiership is not evidence of patience. Penrith need to be aggressive and go out and win the premiership not give others the chance to drive the agenda on the front foot. In last years Grand Final, we played off the back foot for the first half and with Cam Smith on the other side, it cost us.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
We should have a thread about the mighty men from Manly with this years Daly M winner (only because the great Nathan is injured) and the second best player on the planet Tommy Turbo terrific and Daly Cherry Forever and Kerrin Foran coming back to some of his best form.

Manly will be right up in Premiership discussions if they can maintain a fit roster. Good experience for their younger players to have a taste of what it will take come finals and they will be better for the run. My biggest concern is Papenhuyzen. He is nowhere near the player he was before the concussion. He seems tentative, no longer in the picture when a break is made and not constantly in support of a ball runner or around the ruck like he was at his peak. I think it is more a mental issue than a physical one. I get he had 10 weeks out but this is his 3rd game back and he isn’t playing the full 80. You’d expect he’d at least have 35 mins of dynamic Paps in him. Harry Grant has played less games this year and also back from a long layoff and he is killing it. I know he is worth persisting with but with only 4 rounds remaining if he doesn’t get his mojo back it may be time to make a tough call between him and Hynes.

Manly had a plan to slow down the rhythm of Melbourne with prolonged wrestling and a little bit of I’ll discipline resulting in a lot of six agains and penalties . Storm did get more of both but it wasn’t that one sided. 7-4 penalty and 7-5 six again. Not sure what you were going for…… I was going for an honest assessment. But Manly will beat the Storm if they play them in the finals.

The Manly sea eagles tactics wont work on our Penny Panthers though, According to Foxsports, Crichton and Staines are equal 5th in the NRL for best assist/try combinations. Even more impressive when you consider Crichton has also spent time at fullback and left centre this season. Clearly and Burton and Korisau and the rest of our lovely boys are too smart and too strong and too quick and too tough and too good at tick tock dancing and will belt Manly, dont forget we will get the best forward in the game Pangai Jnr as well.

I am literally salivating to see the BOOM, CRASH, BASH as Penrith Panthers smash their way to finals glory. It will be like an old time Batman fight and the opposition are the Joker or Penguin or the delicious and delightful Catwoman (make her purrrrrr) or the Ridder or the cool cruel Mr Freeze. Watch OUT BatVillains!!!

so bring on Manly!!

A Penrith v Manly grand final will be very one sided and WE; the Penrith Panthers will get the chocolates in very glorious fashion. Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Cleary, Hosanna in the highest.

My best friend who is the most avid Penrith Panther fan has a spinal injury and he also has cancer and they have told him he only has about 3 months to live and the ONLY thing he is holding on for is the glory of this Penrith Panthers premiership and then he will die and ascend into heaven as a happy man.

Last edited:

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Hard to tell if Melbourne have just taken the foot off the gas or if they are genuinely coming back to the pack. I’m still convinced their in cruise control but the weeks leading into the finals will be interesting.

Jerome Hughes cant remember the game after that brutal hit. Bellamy says he can’t remember the game. Sounds like more than one week. There’s only 7 weeks of comp left, and Papenhuyzen took 10. He might be out for 4 weeks and never come back to the heights he has this season. The truck that hit Hughes was three times the size of the one that got Papenhuyzen. A week would be a miracle, but more foolish than anything.

Not one of Hodgson’s high tackles warranted more than a penalty, though a fair argument that the accumulation made the 3rd bin worthy (though probably still not). Did need to stop the game warn Canberra that further high contact minimal or not would be acted upon. Having said that no way to know that CHW does anything different. Obviously know intention to make contact high but sickening tackle that should see him out for the rest of this season and possibly some of next.

Even after a 17 game winning streak the Storm were only 2 points ahead of 3rd place (prior to last night) with 4 games to play . There is no advantage to finishing first or second because of Covid and no home games. For the Storm, last night was Nothing to gain, and now a few smashed up in an exhausting game in humid Sunshine Coast.

It’s interesting because I think JAC is the key player in the team. The number of plays that involve him in some shape or form is enormous so keeping him quiet goes a long way.

Foolish to try and maintain your position on the ladder in a tightly run race……. Sounds like a harsh judgement.

Right side defense for the Storm leaked like a sieve tonight. Storm outside backs stocks so thin they’ll have to stick with Leremia who made some shocking errors tonight. Maybe they need to give Lumelume a shot as he was ok when he played last year. At least he’ll make an attempt to catch a ball thats coming right for him. If they don’t try other options they won’t know whether any of them are any better. Craig should remember he only put Vunivalu in to play in 2016 because he ran out of outside backs and was forced to play him….he never lost that wing spot as he was better than the regulars Craig was picking all season like Tonumapaia. There’s no benefit to finishing top 2…only top 4 as there’s unlikely to be any home ground advantage. Test out the depth and give players a rest.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
Hard to tell if Melbourne have just taken the foot off the gas or if they are genuinely coming back to the pack. I’m still convinced their in cruise control but the weeks leading into the finals will be interesting.

Jerome Hughes cant remember the game after that brutal hit. Bellamy says he can’t remember the game. Sounds like more than one week. There’s only 7 weeks of comp left, and Papenhuyzen took 10. He might be out for 4 weeks and never come back to the heights he has this season. The truck that hit Hughes was three times the size of the one that got Papenhuyzen. A week would be a miracle, but more foolish than anything.

Not one of Hodgson’s high tackles warranted more than a penalty, though a fair argument that the accumulation made the 3rd bin worthy (though probably still not). Did need to stop the game warn Canberra that further high contact minimal or not would be acted upon. Having said that no way to know that CHW does anything different. Obviously know intention to make contact high but sickening tackle that should see him out for the rest of this season and possibly some of next.

Even after a 17 game winning streak the Storm were only 2 points ahead of 3rd place (prior to last night) with 4 games to play . There is no advantage to finishing first or second because of Covid and no home games. For the Storm, last night was Nothing to gain, and now a few smashed up in an exhausting game in humid Sunshine Coast.

It’s interesting because I think JAC is the key player in the team. The number of plays that involve him in some shape or form is enormous so keeping him quiet goes a long way.

Foolish to try and maintain your position on the ladder in a tightly run race……. Sounds like a harsh judgement.

Right side defense for the Storm leaked like a sieve tonight. Storm outside backs stocks so thin they’ll have to stick with Leremia who made some shocking errors tonight. Maybe they need to give Lumelume a shot as he was ok when he played last year. At least he’ll make an attempt to catch a ball thats coming right for him. If they don’t try other options they won’t know whether any of them are any better. Craig should remember he only put Vunivalu in to play in 2016 because he ran out of outside backs and was forced to play him….he never lost that wing spot as he was better than the regulars Craig was picking all season like Tonumapaia. There’s no benefit to finishing top 2…only top 4 as there’s unlikely to be any home ground advantage. Test out the depth and give players a rest.

Righto champ, thanks for the professional analysis, now I can get back to doing the gardening

Cheers

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yes, it is that time of the year. I spent most of the morning pruning back the roses. The sun in the air is just starting to see them grow. Im expecting my roses to bloom in the first couple of weeks of Spring. It is always a delight when the kiddies throughout the distrcit come and smile as they see the lovely roses flush in bloom.

Unfortunately the guy across the road from me got busted last night for being a drug peddler. He was making meth amphetamines in his garage and he had his garage door open all the time. I just thought he had a lot of mates. But he was full in the business.

The police came A Calling in numbers. It is amazing when 6 or 7 cop vehicles come whirring up your street especially during Covid. I was shit scarred and pissed my pants in my bed. The cops were on foot too. Basically 20 or 30 of them and my neighbour struggled and tried to get away so when they caught him, the3 cops beat the shit out of him. The cops don't care. If you try and fight; or resist arrest, they love it. It gives them an excuse to take out all their aggression on you.

By the time I got out there my neighbour was on the ground and two cops were just kicking the shit out of him.

I tried to say to them, hey Cmon, he is on the ground but they didnt care and anther copper came up to me and grabbed me by the neck with google eyes as if to say, I dont care if you try and get in the way, we will beat you up as well.

The cops have the guns and we don't so you kind of cant even try and talk reasonableness to them.

And some coppers are as bad as any hardened criminals when it comes to implementing violence.

Anyway, back to the roses and cleaning the lawn and hoping no more coppers come a calling in my street.

I will, be very annoyed if CHN's hit has implications on Hughes performance come finals time. He has been the Storms best playmaker all season, and you have seen how long it has taken Papi to get back to even a shadow of his former self. If Hughes comes back and is a step slow due to this, it will play a major factor in the Storm’s chances to repeat. Hits like that can completely change a season for a team, and I am scared this one will. Personally, I think CHN did not mean any malice.

But then, neither did the cops when they beat the shit out of my meth amphetamine peddling neighbour.

To some, violence is its own reward.

Last edited:

Latest posts