What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

For mine it would be

1 teddy
2 toops
3 J-Moz
4 Manu
5 B-Moz
6 keary
7 walker
8 Collins
9 friend
10 SST
11 cordner
12 Crighton
13 radley
14 verrils
15 JWH
16 Liu
17 sitilli

That means sualli, hutch, lam, butcher, fifita, baker, lussick and marschke all miss out. Sualli would only miss out due to not debuting yet as I don't think it was ever planned he would play this year.

At least 7 of the players I named in that team above will be missing this week.

I agree we have done well given the injuries and I reckon it would be a genuine 3 horse race if we were near or at full strength as opposed to a 2 horse race. It is what it is though, you guys had a horrendous toll a couple years back from memory.
I actually mentioned in the game thread in our forum that the way your blokes are playing reminds me of the 2014 Panthers. We had a terrible injury toll that year, yet we were able to string a few wins together and managed to get to 4th spot on the ladder (and not to rub it in too much, beat you guys in the first final thanks to a wobbly old field goal from your former boy Soward!).

Your team are definite contenders still. Anything can happen in a finals series.

The_Frog

First Grade
I agree we have done well given the injuries and I reckon it would be a genuine 3 horse race if we were near or at full strength as opposed to a 2 horse race. It is what it is though, you guys had a horrendous toll a couple years back from memory.
Hard to argue with this. We had a really bad year injury-wise in 2015. 2019 was more a case of a lot of dead wood in the squad that had to be cut out, like lancing a boil. Very young and very old players (in NRL player terms) are both more likely to go down and you've got your fair share of both.

Exsilium

First Grade
Hard to argue with this. We had a really bad year injury-wise in 2015. 2019 was more a case of a lot of dead wood in the squad that had to be cut out, like lancing a boil.

2014 was the worst I’ve seen in the modern era.

What kills me is that we could have stopped Souths that year.

Exsilium

First Grade
So you're saying bet on the storm to go back to back.

If we don’t shit the bed, I’m confident we could go all the way.

That said, who knows. We could easily lose to the Bunnies in the prelim and garner the “choker” tag

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Hi Boys, Im really excited. James Fisher-Harris has agreed to stay at Penrith on a monster new deal that makes him one of the highest-paid forwards in the NRL. He is a massive man. Big and strong and so fun to watch.