What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everything rests for you on Cleary's shoulders, literally :)
Hopefully both teams will be at full strength for the finals and let the best team on the day win. Both sides at full strength I dont think there is much between them and will come down to one or two big plays, as it should when the two best face each other.
Its hard to see anyone else challenging but RL can be a fickle thing and Manly or Souths could pull one out of the bag in the semis against either club. Just dont see it in anyone else.

Hard to argue that the Storm spine isnt better than the Penrith spine at full strength. There'd only be Cleary I'd take out of the Panthers over the Storm 1,6,7&9

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Our Penny Panthers all round are a better team than Storm and also have the best player in the world in Nathan Cleary.

Penrith Panthers' ladder position allowed for the club to be cautious with Nathan Cleary's return from a shoulder injury, which remains up in the air, compared to Luai's known diagnosis with his knee recovery.

Nathan Cleary is easily the best player in the world atm. He will rise to the occasion and by the ned of September, he will be ready to take his place as the next immortal.

Cleary will bring the down the Storm by himself.

soc123_au

Staff member
Everything rests for you on Cleary's shoulders, literally :)
Hopefully both teams will be at full strength for the finals and let the best team on the day win. Both sides at full strength I dont think there is much between them and will come down to one or two big plays, as it should when the two best face each other.
Its hard to see anyone else challenging but RL can be a fickle thing and Manly or Souths could pull one out of the bag in the semis against either club. Just dont see it in anyone else.

Hard to argue that the Storm spine isnt better than the Penrith spine at full strength. There'd only be Cleary I'd take out of the Panthers over the Storm 1,6,7&9
No Cleary, no Panthers. The other outs are a bloody good support crew though. Yeo plays a huge part in giving Cleary the time to do his thing.

Fullback you have us covered. I like Edwards when he is playing well and confidently, but even at his absolute best Paps is way in front. Hynes too, although the gap isn't as great.

Luai up until Nathan got hurt was playing better than Munster. We will see how that plays out when Nathan is back. Of course if Munster finds his best form it's back in your favour.

Cleary is the pick over Hughes obviously, although Hughes plays his role very well and is under rated.

I would take Api over Grant and Smith individually, but as a combo your 2 are better than Api + Kenny or May.

I think Storm are a lock for 1 gf spot, we should be, but are more vulnerable to a team like Manly if they are in top form and we are a bit down. Souths dont really worry me, apart from Latrell if he really fires.

If Cleary comes back and can stay injury free along with the others, I think if we do make the GF then we will beat you. There is no way we play as bad as the first 60 minutes as last years GF again.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Put down the meth pipe dude.

Ask Andrew Johns himself...

If Penrith are injury-free on grand final day, I have no doubt they win it. But, without Cleary, I don’t think they can.

If Cleary does play on for the remainder of this year, it’s going to be a big ask. Because it’s a shoulder injury, he won’t be able to do any gym work, so that will affect his strength. He will have to change the way he plays.

He will have to hide in defence so he’s not making as many tackles. That puts pressure on those defenders either side of him, because smart teams will work out ways to get to him.

He will also have to change the way he attacks. He won’t be able to go to the line and get whacked, as he does all the time, whether passing or kicking.

This injury has suddenly changed the entire look of the competition.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Ask Andrew Johns himself...

If Penrith are injury-free on grand final day, I have no doubt they win it.

I
Thats a big call given Storms current form and the fact Penrith only beat us at your place when you were full strength and in good form by a stupid decision by Olam not to pass the ball. Olam passes it Storm win. You might not get that lucky in the GF!

soc123_au

Staff member
Thats a big call given Storms current form and the fact Penrith only beat us at your place when you were full strength and in good form by a stupid decision by Olam not to pass the ball. Olam passes it Storm win. You might not get that lucky in the GF!
Full strength? Cleary and Api were missing. You guys had a few outs as well though iirc.

yobbo84

First Grade
You can't be missing anyone in your spine - unless you're Melbourne and have Papenhuyzen and Grant on the bench. We had 7 of our best 17 out yesterday and didn't miss a beat (albeit against the Gerringong Lions) because our spine was in tact.

If Cleary is fit the Panthers are a whole different proposition.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yes so true. Natan Cleary is not only gods gift to tick tocking, he is a real deal player that will smash the 2021 finals season and leave all the millions and millions of socky la la Storm supporters crying in their milk.

You know what I find so funny, given the Storm are meant to be from Melbourne, how many Storm supporters their are in Sydney. Every second person you talk to in Sydney seems to be a Melbourne Storm fan or at least a Melbourne Storm apologist. All I hear from the whinny lockdown mob on Sydney radio is how good are the Storm? Give the Strom back their premierships, we love the Storm..etc etc etc..

Geez Sydney people are meant to hate the Storm and now all I hear is how much they love the Storm. How much can a Penrith Panther fan bear? its like our own people are against us. I shed a tear for all Sydneysiders and how they have been brainwashed into loving the Melbourne Storm.

Its like during this long and vicious and painful lockdown; all Sydney people have had an invasion of the body snatchers and lost their minds to the insanity that is the Melbourne Storm.

How about some Penny Panther love from you Sydney siders in lockdown. It will take all of us to kill off the cancer to our sport that is the Melbourne Storm. plz, help me, help us. help all Penrith Panther fans, I cant do it all alone. we cant do it alone.. Penrith, cant do it all alone.

We need to have the ABSOLUTE whole of Sydney with us to stop the Melbourne Storm.

The Melbourne Storm are evil.

The_Frog

First Grade

Api Koroisau was the worst offender of any of the players who broke Covid protocol and given he is a married man, he should be ashamed of himself and also ashamed of the way he brought disrespect to his wife and to the whole NRL​

I’m perplexed over the low punishment, the NRL is actually encouraging players to hide and deceive.

Not only did he organise and meet up with a woman from Tinder or whatever social media platform twice during Origin 2 camp, but were all set to meet up with her again during Origin 3 camp, only calling off the rendezvous after news broke of Arrow getting kicked out of camp.

And while Arrow came forward, self reported and got reprimanded, Api Koroisau
hid in the shadows. You knew that you had done the same thing, but you said nothing.

There are so many people doing it tough right now. Jobs lost, hours decreased, working from home while trying to remember maths to help their kids with schoolwork.

Missing loved ones. Trying to pay bills. Struggling to keep it all under control.

One of the shining lights for many is watching the footy. Not only as escapism, but because they love it and it’s their passion.

The NRL and the government have gone above and beyond to allow the competition to continue. It is an absolute privilege to have the footy still on every weekend, with many working day and night behind the scenes to keep players like yourself on the field. And getting paid.

While many are battling to put food on the table, you still get to play the game you love and earn a wage from it.

In order to keep playing, the teams have been placed in the NRL bubble. There have been many warnings throughout the season from officials that if the bubble is broken, the competition may be stopped.

Rugby league is a team sport. Working together and having trust. Being able to rely on your teammates and have them being able to rely on you.
This is so much Silverdale Phantom style, it must be a coincidence....I don't think.

The_Frog

First Grade
Er...we didn't have Cleary then either. Or Koroisau. Edwards off at halftime and replaced by May. One of your blokes bombed a try. It happens.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Lol at people calling me after other posters. I am an orgel and published widely on the political and historical aspects of Renaissance literature, theatre, art history and the history of the book.

I am clearly An individual, a very intelligent and extremely humorous writer and of course I am often copied but never bettered. A genuine original and a damn good bloke if I say so myself.

So why wont you all back me and the Penrith Panthers and start hating the Melbourne Storm; the way all Sydneysiders should do.

What is wrong? Is the whole of Sydney on the bongs during lock down or something????

Chippy73

Bench
Lol at people calling me after other posters. I am an orgel and published widely on the political and historical aspects of Renaissance literature, theatre, art history and the history of the book.

I am clearly An individual, a very intelligent and extremely humorous writer and of course I am often copied but never bettered. A genuine original and a damn good bloke if I say so myself.

So why wont you all back me and the Penrith Panthers and start hating the Melbourne Storm; the way all Sydneysiders should do.

What is wrong? Is the whole of Sydney on the bongs during lock down or something????
1qsvxb.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Melbourne just have better depth in the key positions, it's really that simple.

Luai I feel has been exposed a bit since Clearly has been injured, hasn't looked even half as good.
Luai has been very disappointing since origin. I thought he would come back even better, but he has been pretty shit. He hurt his knee in the game after origin 2, but it seems to be more than that.