What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

GongPanther

Referee

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As I said, it was always going to be misconstrued by those with an agenda.
WTF? You are saying his instagram post was not only misconstrued, but people who did so had an agenda? Holy hell, man. You've lost it. I love the Panthers. And to be honest, I hardly even knew who Tyrone May was. He's dumb. His post meant nothing else than he thought he was a victim, and he rose from the dirt by playing 11 shitty minutes in which he made an error and did f**k all else in the GF. No agenda. Just a dumb f**k who lives in an alternative universe where being a professional sportsman gives you the right to do anything you want, even if it ruins the lives of others.

Iamback

Coach
WTF? You are saying his instagram post was not only misconstrued, but people who did so had an agenda? Holy hell, man. You've lost it. I love the Panthers. And to be honest, I hardly even knew who Tyrone May was. He's dumb. His post meant nothing else than he thought he was a victim, and he rose from the dirt by playing 11 shitty minutes in which he made an error and did f**k all else in the GF. No agenda. Just a dumb f**k who lives in an alternative universe where being a professional sportsman gives you the right to do anything you want, even if it ruins the lives of others.

There were a total of 4 photos the one at court was the one causing the concern. Him as a kid was there too. He was sleeping on various team mates lounges in NYC. I took the post to be a reflection on his life bad beginnings until now. Ivan's comments have since backed that thinking up.

Should of left the court photo out and not the issue it became

roofromoz

First Grade
There were a total of 4 photos the one at court was the one causing the concern. Him as a kid was there too. He was sleeping on various team mates lounges in NYC. I took the post to be a reflection on his life bad beginnings until now. Ivan's comments have since backed that thinking up.

I agree, no reference to that and it would have not even been a story.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

But the thing is, the fact he used the court photo absolutely directed it towards being about the court case. And that's clearly what he meant (at least partially) given he posted it. He leaves that out, maybe I give him the benefit of the doubt. But really, was anyone throwing dirt on his name then? No one knew who the hell he was. So the only time people have done that is after he was convicted for being a dirt bag.

Iamback

Coach
But the thing is, the fact he used the court photo absolutely directed it towards being about the court case. And that's clearly what he meant (at least partially) given he posted it. He leaves that out, maybe I give him the benefit of the doubt. But really, was anyone throwing dirt on his name then? No one knew who the hell he was. So the only time people have done that is after he was convicted for being a dirt bag.

Hard to say without knowing the full family history but the jersey presentation he did for his brother. Implied family issues when younger so maybe he copped crap all his life.

I'd trust Ivan's explanation as he spoke to him rather than people online guessing

roofromoz

First Grade

One snippet:

Panthers has subsequently notified May he is stood down from all club-related duties and appearances until further notice.

The matter will be considered further at the upcoming meeting of the Panthers Board of Directors.

Code for he may get sacked.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL statement in full:

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued the following Breach Notices after investigations into the conduct of the Penrith Panthers playing squad following the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

Nathan Cleary & Stephen Crichton​

Penrith Panthers Players Nathan Cleary and Stephen Crichton have been issued with Breach Notices alleging that they acted contrary to the best interests of the game after they were photographed on social media acting in a disrespectful manner toward the NRL Telstra Premiership Trophy.

The Notice alleges the Premiership Trophy was damaged at a Club Awards night and although not personally responsible for the damage, the players subsequently treated the Trophy in a manner which showed disrespect towards the individuals depicted in the iconic moment memorialised on the Trophy.

The Breach Notices propose that players Cleary and Crichton are fined $7,000 and $4000 respectively. The fines take into account their varying salaries.

The Players have 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice. The Penrith Panthers Club will be responsible for the cost of repairs to the Premiership Trophy.

Tyrone May​

Penrith Panthers Player Tyrone May has been issued with a Breach Notice alleging he acted contrary to the best interests of the game for posting and being part of social media posts which do not align with the values of the game.

The Breach Notice proposes May must complete further education programs as directed by the NRL. May has also been issued with a proposed $7,500 fine.

May has 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice.