What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

myrrh ken

First Grade
All I'm saying is who knows - I'm not believing anyone. I will say its a weird sledge to sledge someone about prior injuries.

South says it was a number of sledges. It was reported that Panthers first claimed it was the trainer telling people "get back". Now a dr overheard the physio saying "You've got to give him that."

sweep sweep.

betcats

Referee
mysterious unnamed souths officials.

"Souths officials said a "series of verbal barbs" were directed at Cartwright over a broken back he suffered during his time at Penrith"

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-202...sledging-claims-life-ban-calls-223310475.html

Exactly. No one willing to put their name to it from Souths, no one willing to make an official complaint from Souths. Cody blows up, unnamed souths officials beat up a story rather than admit Cody was abusing our physio over a misunderstanding.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah I'm gonna go out on a fairly sturdy limb here and say that something snarky probably was said, but that Chody, being a flog of absolutely massive proportions, has gone totally off tilt over a bit of minor shade and Souffs are now media managing that...

Two packs of f**kwits involved, Occam's razor says both of them were probably being f**kwits

soc123_au

Staff member
All I'm saying is who knows - I'm not believing anyone. I will say its a weird sledge to sledge someone about prior injuries.

South says it was a number of sledges. It was reported that Panthers first claimed it was the trainer telling people "get back". Now a dr overheard the physio saying "You've got to give him that."

sweep sweep.
Forget that the audio exists and apply common sense. Which scenario is more likely?

Option 1
Panther physio decides to give Penrith an edge by sledging an opposition player. He
a) singles out their 3rd or 4th choice bench player
b) The son of a Panthers club great
c) The grandson of the clubs founding father
d) A player he would have spent a lot of time with given Jed's injury history while at Penrith

Option 2
Cody Walker loses his shit in a high pressure game while getting towelled up.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Forget that the audio exists and apply common sense. Which scenario is more likely?

Option 1
Panther physio decides to give Penrith an edge by sledging an opposition player. He
d) A player he would have spent a lot of time with given Jed's injury history while at Penrith

Option 2
Having said that the trainer's comment is weird. "you've got to give him that, Dyl."
It sort of suggests that Cartwright was in the players' minds. Maybe they were giving stick to him before or at the time. No doubt Cody is reactive - but not for nothing I don't think - he is retaliatory over niggles/ perceived slights.

MugaB

Coach
Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Having said that the trainer's comment is weird. "you've got to give him that, Dyl."
It sort of suggests that Cartwright was in the players' minds. Maybe they were giving stick to him before or at the time. No doubt Cody is reactive - but not for nothing I don't think - he is retaliatory over niggles/ perceived slights.
Once they came out with what the comment actually was (allegedly) I thought it made perfect sense.

Trainer gives a bit of a rap for a good legal hit to a player he would have had some kind of relationship with. It makes a shitload more sense than what was originally reported imo.

MugaB

Coach

Option 1

Option 2
E) trainer waited for the perfect chance Dylan Edwards gets tackled by Jed Cartright who dyl just received his annual grandfathers player of the year award, then started to mouth off to Jed for not being as good as his Grandpa....
"why Jed, why cant you just be like Dyl?"

mxlegend99

Referee
It makes no sense to sledge someone about a former injury. Especially if the trainer was the one working with him through the injury. Like how do you use an injury as a sledge?

It also makes no sense to get upset if you think someone made fun of a former injury.

Like honestly why would anyone think it was something that would upset someone to bother using it as a sledge? If you're going to sledge someone you would think it takes more than that to bother them.

It's just a really f**king weird situation all round. I think it makes most sense the trainer was saying to get back in the defensive line. Hopefully the audio is released.

If he did sledge him I'd genuinely love to know how he said it to make a bunch of grown men react that way. If they misheard him id like to know what he actually said to hopefully be able to piece together what they thought he said to react that way.

luv my panfas

Juniors

Option 1

Option 2
Bulldozed thank you

Wb1234

Referee
Agreed. Winning one comp in a row is totally the same as winning eleven.
They just won Harold mats nsw cup sg ball and barring an epic choke will go b2b

they’ve lost a number of players last year like burton and havent missed a beat

it’s going to take years for other teams to get to their level

give them a decade and see what their legacy is under a salary cap era

Fangs

Coach
Is Jed Cartwright a shill for the Penrith Panthers?

"It's just been blown out of proportion," Cartwright told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"I am good mates with Pete. We got along real well when I was at Penrith.

"He never said anything about my back. He just said something about the tackle that I made.

"We spoke about it after the game and we have since texted about it and we're all good. I'm ready to move on and he's ready to move on. That's it.

"He said nothing about my back.

mxlegend99

Referee

"It's just been blown out of proportion," Cartwright told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"He never said anything about my back. He just said something about the tackle that I made.

"We spoke about it after the game and we have since texted about it and we're all good. I'm ready to move on and he's ready to move on. That's it.

Since Jed himself confirms what panthers said happened based on the audio.... where the f**k did Cody Walker and souths officials get their stories from?

Kent is ready to have a bloke sacked despite no evidence of the claims and apparently never even talking to the victim.

Wb1234

Referee

Well I mean given his family connections to the club I’m sure he’s happy to let this die now

but Cody walked and he didn’t get angry over nothing

Latest posts