What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

I hate watching Penrith. They are just so boring to watch. Sure they are a well drilled team, but hardly a gifted team of champions that can do extraordinary things out of nothing.

They are coached very well and do all the little things well in a competition that is very weak and full of teams with weaknesses. The Broncos are the only team that has a roaster of stars, but they are probably a year away from having enough steel and experience to beat a hardened fresh and fit Panthers team at this stage. And even next year they won't be as strong as this season personnel wise since they are losing some quality to the Dolphins.

The Panthers to me and Cleary in particular, remind me of Ivan Lendl the tennis player. Great but boring and just going through the process right to the end like a robot. Hardly memorable to watch and every time Jimmy Connors stepped onto the court it was like a breath of fresh air and the crowd would erupt with excitement and enthusiasm.

Clinical and relatively mistake free football may win you games sure, but hardly wins over the fans and wider audience that want to see thrills and spills and unpredictability. People want magic not effective robots.

Three years of this anaconda squeezing of their opposition in the GF will be a total snooze fest for 90% of the audience, unless the improbable happens and they fail in the big one, which is so very unlikely, but we can all hope I suppose.

When they won it the first time, that was cool enough, but now that they are simply doing a rinse and repeat for 3 straight years...ho f**king hum! Who gives a sh*t? They are boring as all f**k and have just hit a Goldilocks period in time where virtually every other team in the NRL is(bar the Broncos) so piss weak or in a rebuilding phase they have almost no decent opposition to oppose them. It's like teenagers playing against experienced 20 year olds.

Oh well the bias, agenda driven and dumb arse media and pundits will hail them as the mightiest of all time and put Cleary on a pedestal of the best of all time(eventually) but when you play in an era of weaklings and no ones, well the one team that has its sh*t together is gonna look like the invincible almost every time.

So freakin boring and Cleary the best of all time? Don't make me laugh, that would be like saying Ivan Lendl as impressive as his record is, is the best of all time. Hardly!

I'm not even a Riff fan, but still this is too good to ignore...

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

maple_69

Bench
I do agree though. Melbourne 2021 were rubbish and I can't imagine anybody enjoyed Moses Leota single handedly snapping the entire Parramatta community back to reality in a vicious 20 minute assault. The Roosters & Melbourne playing defence first football and choking out the competition for the previous 15 years was far more enjoyable.

Wb1234

Referee
Penrith are an exciting team when they need to be

it’s not their fault they don’t need to get out of second gear to beat most of the nrl

I’ve seen them destroy teams in attack with eyes up rugby league

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I hate watching Penrith. They are just so boring to watch. Sure they are a well drilled team, but hardly a gifted team of champions that can do extraordinary things out of nothing.

They are coached very well and do all the little things well in a competition that is very weak and full of teams with weaknesses. The Broncos are the only team that has a roaster of stars, but they are probably a year away from having enough steel and experience to beat a hardened fresh and fit Panthers team at this stage. And even next year they won't be as strong as this season personnel wise since they are losing some quality to the Dolphins.

The Panthers to me and Cleary in particular, remind me of Ivan Lendl the tennis player. Great but boring and just going through the process right to the end like a robot. Hardly memorable to watch and every time Jimmy Connors stepped onto the court it was like a breath of fresh air and the crowd would erupt with excitement and enthusiasm.

Clinical and relatively mistake free football may win you games sure, but hardly wins over the fans and wider audience that want to see thrills and spills and unpredictability. People want magic not effective robots.

Three years of this anaconda squeezing of their opposition in the GF will be a total snooze fest for 90% of the audience, unless the improbable happens and they fail in the big one, which is so very unlikely, but we can all hope I suppose.

When they won it the first time, that was cool enough, but now that they are simply doing a rinse and repeat for 3 straight years...ho f**king hum! Who gives a sh*t? They are boring as all f**k and have just hit a Goldilocks period in time where virtually every other team in the NRL is(bar the Broncos) so piss weak or in a rebuilding phase they have almost no decent opposition to oppose them. It's like teenagers playing against experienced 20 year olds.

Oh well the bias, agenda driven and dumb arse media and pundits will hail them as the mightiest of all time and put Cleary on a pedestal of the best of all time(eventually) but when you play in an era of weaklings and no ones, well the one team that has its sh*t together is gonna look like the invincible almost every time.

So freakin boring and Cleary the best of all time? Don't make me laugh, that would be like saying Ivan Lendl as impressive as his record is, is the best of all time. Hardly!

Have a sook merkin...

Further evidence, in case you needed it, that Parra are our sons…

Is that you @Someone2?

GongPanther

Referee
I love a well-reasoned fan who can do better than one-eyed analysis of things their club does.

I got the exact same thing as your last sentence - a butt-hurt CEO who can't get his way, so wants other people not to, as well. Cry baby indeed.

The game is still in Sydney, more Panthers fans can go, I know it's not the same advantage as playing out West but gee, shut up and enjoy the home town advantage. Week 3 finals aren't coming to your poxy 22,500 seat stadium. Deal with it. Or go play at CommBank.
"The NSW Panthers" :)

GongPanther

Referee

28-12.

Latest posts