What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Fangs

Coach
CommBank is a shit hole. Better off going West where we will get some fans and maybe more sponsors... As opposed to finally giving Parra's home ground a good team

Just means we spend more time on the road.

A fair handicap considering how good our club is. I certainly won't be complaining in 2025. I'll leave that to the Canberra fans.

Iamback

Coach
Just means we spend more time on the road.

A fair handicap considering how good our club is. I certainly won't be complaining in 2025. I'll leave that to the Canberra fans.

That is going to be the case anyway.

Look at the home timeslots we have had so far, I imagine next year will be the same.

6pm Friday at Parra - will draw very few people.

Better off using Mudgee in most cases. Sadly 9 will still be at CommBank

Penrith fan

Juniors
The Penrith Panthers are like a Rolls Royce and Lambagini built together.

Of course, they have to have an electrical engine to slow them down to meet modern society, that is the salary cap.

But the Penrith juniors football farm is better than any other program in the world in any sport.

We lean on it, and it keeps providing.

Iamback

Coach
Are you serious?

I mean in regards to sponsors and members. Particularly Thursday night games

Alamoti for example this week. The number 3 jersey is sponsored by a Cafe in Emu Plains.

Sponsors like that work for the local area. Not to mention the 30 mins extra travel each way on a work night.

It is different if you are talking a permanent move but for 1-2 seasons. Then moves like Mudgee are more benefit

Steel Saints

Juniors
I mean in regards to sponsors and members. Particularly Thursday night games

Alamoti for example this week. The number 3 jersey is sponsored by a Cafe in Emu Plains.

Sponsors like that work for the local area. Not to mention the 30 mins extra travel each way on a work night.

It is different if you are talking a permanent move but for 1-2 seasons. Then moves like Mudgee are more benefit

Oh ok, cheers mate . Yeah looking after local sponsors is very important, and Parra isn't local.

Iamback

Coach
Oh ok, cheers mate . Yeah looking after local sponsors is very important, and Parra isn't local.

The club has setup advisory committees with sponsors, So atleast they are having some imput but it is a different situation than IF the Tigers choose a permanent move.

Home team at Magic Round
Bathurst
Mudgee

Are all good short term moves

MugaB

Coach
The club has setup advisory committees with sponsors, So atleast they are having some imput but it is a different situation than IF the Tigers choose a permanent move.

Home team at Magic Round
Bathurst
Mudgee

Are all good short term moves
Don't forget vegas

Maybe if other clubs either establish a junior development pathway, or ramp their own junior development pathways up to the extent that they don’t have to poach another club’s juniors, then we can talk.

Oh yes, cause the Roosters spending a few million $ in its "big" junior league area comprising Bondi, Woollahra and Coogee is going to turn it into a powerhouse like Penrith's junior league considering size wise they are so similar :rolleyes:

Fangs

Coach
Oh yes, cause the Roosters spending a few million $ in its "big" junior league area comprising Bondi, Woollahra and Coogee is going to turn it into a powerhouse like Penrith's junior league considering size wise they are so similar :rolleyes:

Where are the Roosters playing their country games this year? And no Las Vegas doesn't count. Do they have links with any regional areas? It must be Gosford.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Maybe if other clubs either establish a junior development pathway, or ramp their own junior development pathways up to the extent that they don’t have to poach another club’s juniors, then we can talk.
Ha ha. Stop sniffing your own farts.

These articles come out every year or two from the likes of Canberra, Penrith, Tigers, Eels, Dragons, etc. It just suits the Panthers this time as they have lost a lot of talent over the past 2-3 years and they want to tout that and also provide a smoke screen for their play at Fifita.

Until there is a draft, restricted free agency or the NRL takes over junior development to aide a more even distribution of top talent, then development will be the burden of teams located in the geographical areas that have the most young kids wanting to play the great game.

And the NRL aint going to put in the cash or pay for infrastructure if it doesn't have to.... what, a club with massive juniors is going to tell kids and parents to get lost, or are they going to help maintain social cohesion by having local kids actively engaged and participating... and for Penrith, it maintains an endless line of parents of these kids into Panthers to get pissed and punt, generating profits that more than compensate for the investment in kids footy.

Latest posts