What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People can't even be bothered to criticise the Dally M's this year.

why do the NRL cram the hall of fame inductees, the team of the year, young player of the year and player of the year into a 2hr block on paytv?

it hardly gave the award winners/nominees the due recognition they deserved

The Tank

Bench
Maybe have seperate ceremonies for different awards. For example:-

Dally M: Straight up points tally from round 1 through round 25. No rookie/coach/captain/etc of the year.
RLPA Awards: Voted by opposition players, coaches, refs after each match. Includes Rookie/Coach/Captain/etc of the year as well as positional awards.

And possibly a seperate low key ceremony for Hall of Fame inductees. Maybe even a "Fans Choice Awards" which includes all the Try of the year/Tackle of the year/Match of the year etc and have supporters in the audience mingling with the players.

Just some ideas.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I think Keith Barnes'contribution to the game dwarfs all of the Dally M winners this year combined.

I liked the Rothmans set up - the referees decided that one, and that probably hit the mark better. The current judges list probably accounts for a total of 60 IQ points, and I'm sure Jack Danzey's alone was over 70.

That aside, congrats to all the winners.

And congrats to Kid Dynamite for winning the 2007 NRL John Ribot Memorial knobjockey award.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Anything that involves Dean Ritchie has straight away lost credibility. What proof is there he knows anything about rugby league? The only way to make it legitimate is to rate each player in every match or to vote on just an out and out winner at the end of the year. Those voting should be players, coaches and maybe ex players too. Current players and coaches couldn't vote for anyone on their own team.

Also I note a large proportion of people supporting the Dally M are eels fans. Why is this not a surprise?

Charlie124

First Grade
Why the need to criticise it? Does anyone really have major concerns with who won the awards on the night? are they that much different to public opinions? sure there was one or two that were unexpected (lockyer 5/8 - surprising but look at the other options).

If the right people won the awards and no real bias is shown then why the bitching? It seems the NRL cant do anything without "fans" constantly trying to poke holes in it and tear it down.

Enjoy the game people, lighten the f**k up.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Man with nothing to say said:
Anyone who sits through the Browneye medal isn't rowing with 2 oars....

Do you have a scanner set up to detect whenver the word Union or AFL is used on the forum to trigger some obvious, glib remark from you.

Hindyscrack said:
any individual award is going to be hampered by a team with great depth or that doesnt rely on a certain individual... simple

disagree, the better the team is, the more games they win, the more games they win, the more points on the table for certain players.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kid Dynamite said:
Anything that involves Dean Ritchie has straight away lost credibility. What proof is there he knows anything about rugby league? The only way to make it legitimate is to rate each player in every match or to vote on just an out and out winner at the end of the year. Those voting should be players, coaches and maybe ex players too. Current players and coaches couldn't vote for anyone on their own team.

Also I note a large proportion of people supporting the Dally M are eels fans. Why is this not a surprise?
god your a f**kwit, whinge,whinge whinge. Do you think last night's winner's give a flying f**k what you think????

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
I doubt he cares what I think. Whether he agrees with me is the real issue. I don't know what Thurston thinks of the Dally M privately. You'd have to know him and ask him. However what that has to do with my opinion I'm not sure.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite

You sir are a f**king moron, why is every thread you start a whinge?

The_Savage_1

Juniors
i dont know what's wrong with the american MVP style where i believe the same kind of people vote (media, refs, etc) but it's an end of year vote for an overall winner that isn't constrained by the stupid 3-2-1 system of awarding points for every game.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Kid Dynamite said:
I doubt he cares what I think. Whether he agrees with me is the real issue. I don't know what Thurston thinks of the Dally M privately. You'd have to know him and ask him. However what that has to do with my opinion I'm not sure.

I had a chat with Thurston yesterday (we call him "Jonno" BTW) and he said this:

"Ya know Misty, I'm rapt with this medal. It's a great honour to have it, and I can't criticise it when I think of how that would make Robbie feel. There is one thing I would love to change, though."

"What's that Jonno?"

"I wish that dickhead Kid Dynamite would f**k off and support AFL!!!"

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Another point sails by Misty Bee.

The Savage 1 has it spot on. He understands why the Dally M is stupid as do others here. The rest of you should focus on what I'm saying not the fact I'm attacking the NRL.

pantherlove

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
I had a chat with Thurston yesterday (we call him "Jonno" BTW) and he said this:

"Ya know Misty, I'm rapt with this medal. It's a great honour to have it, and I can't criticise it when I think of how that would make Robbie feel. There is one thing I would love to change, though."

"What's that Jonno?"

"I wish that dickhead Kid Dynamite would f**k off and support AFL!!!"

f**kin A!!!!! that was Gold absolute Ripsh*t Gold! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

worldchampion

Juniors
If john howard went to it instead of meeting George bush then it has to has some kind of cultural significance.. still cant figure out what that is yet..

PS it should have been mat bowen

Latest posts