What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People's Choice - Post of The Year 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesbass

First Grade
I would even suggest that we just close the poll before it's even opened, and hand the award to Dave Q, for Death Becomes Us - one of the most moving pieces of writing that I've ever read.

Dave Q

Coach
Im flattered but I think there are other posts better than mine.

I guess Im just trying to do what everyone else is ....and that is to try to define how we feel about the game.

One of the beautiful things about our game is that draws fans from such diverse areas

So at the Panthers v Souths game in 2005, I saw a group a vietnamese young people out there supporting the Panthers.

Thomas Keneally, one of the greatest writers of our time, supports Saints.

Ive got a barrister mate, him and his wife probably earning over $350K a year combined...their idea of entertainment in to turn up to the Wests Tigers fan day and mingle with like minded people who are really struggling.

And then we have the guys who travel 100's of k's in a beat up falcon to get to a home match.

Its a great game...

As Ben Lee says I reckon that "we are all in this together."

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
Im flattered but I think there are other posts better than mine.

I guess Im just trying to do what everyone else is ....and that is to try to define how we feel about the game.

One of the beautiful things about our game is that draws fans from such diverse areas

So at the Panthers v Souths game in 2005, I saw a group a vietnamese young people out there supporting the Panthers.

Thomas Keneally, one of the greatest writers of our time, supports Saints.

Ive got a barrister mate, him and his wife probably earning over $350K a year combined...their idea of entertainment in to turn up to the Wests Tigers fan day and mingle with like minded people who are really struggling.

And then we have the guys who travel 100's of k's in a beat up falcon to get to a home match.

Its a great game...

As Ben Lee says I reckon that "we are all in this together."

Sounds to me like the begnning of another article... ;-)

Dave Q

Coach
Sounds to me like the begnning of another article... ;-)

Willows taught us to rev up, but he's been a bit slow with the post-match warm down.

Heres some cliche's I forgot:

"Yeah its nice to be POTM but I would have preferred to win the match."

"The boys (and girl) are totally shattered."

"Its back to the drawing board for us"

"It will be a long off-season!"

:)

Jesbass

First Grade
Pete, I'm assuming this thread will stay opening throughout the World Cup in case we see rep articles that catch our attention? :D

Pistol

Coach
I had the idea of keeping it open as long as possible but obviously with the award ceremony in a months time, and the WC final ending a few days before hand, it wouldnt be enough time.

Jesbass

First Grade
Aye, a good point, that. Ah well, I'll just try to make the most of it while it's still open. :D

Dave Q

Coach
Drew Sta's round 5 effort "the enterplayers" gets my vote.

I remember connecting with the argument at the time.

I like his descriptions of how the game is played.

Ive tried to do that down at Souths LU. Ive found it quite hard to do it properly and in this fine essay, Drew absolutely nailed it.

So you get a chummy meeting of theory and practice.

Tidy, interesting and impressive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.