What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perhaps there is some sense in all of this!

tiger_nick

Bench
im really getting the feeling our backline will be one of two options next year:

1. Moltzen
2. Tupou/Ryan/Brown
3. Ayshford/Daniela
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Taumata
7. Marshall

1. Gallant
2. Tupou/Ryan/Brown/Daniela
3. Moltzen
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Taumata
7. Marshall

Sheens wont leave Moltzen out of the starting line up and I doubt we've signed Taumata to play PL. Considering we've only signed backs so far, I wouldnt be surprised if we don't resign Gallant, or if we let Ryan go (please be the latter).

Ive spoken to a few Sharks fans and most of the actually rate Brown pretty highly. Apparently there has been a lot of politics in him not playing and a falling out with Stuart seems likely to have happened. Stuart doesn't seem to have the best eye for talent, everyone he releases seems to go on to bigger and better things. He may turn out to be a decent signing.

Personally,

I never ever want to see Benji in a number 7 jersey ever, ever again.

He is a 6 or possibly a 1, but not a 7.

I hope we put Taumata at 7, give him some responsibilty, I don't want to get all Dr. Phil on you guys, but maybe that is what he needs, a little bit of responsibilty to make him feel like he is worth something to a club.

Or maybe too much responsibilty could make him snap back to a grog monster.

Who Knows?

Bubbles

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Problem is from what I've seen Taumata is not an organiser, just like Benji isnt. He is quick, and very skillful though. He can also play fullback.

Personally I'd like to see Moltzen stay at halfback.

What about Lazarus? They must really rate this kid - he's been resigned again despite playing no football for two years. He he our long term FB?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Problem is from what I've seen Taumata is not an organiser, just like Benji isnt. He is quick, and very skillful though. He can also play fullback.

Personally I'd like to see Moltzen stay at halfback.

What about Lazarus? They must really rate this kid - he's been resigned again despite playing no football for two years. He he our long term FB?

I agree with the current lineup 1-7 there is no great need for Taumata except as back up. I agree Lazarus has a great wrap but his injury record is horrendous and he has not been able to demonstrate his ability - surely this must be his last chance- (I note it was only a 1 year extension).

And surely Gallant has to have first crack at the FB role next year if they extend his contract. If they even um and arh this year with his contract negotiations if I were him I'd say "'ok thats it, I'm off to join the NSW police...". After all he has been able to demonstrate over the past few seasons when called up to fill in- he is either rated by Teflon or not, (I think we know the reat story there- Gallant is not rated by Teflon not matter what he does). If not and he is just to remain a background player why bother? Might as well go and get a proper job that can pay the mortgage and look after the family.

Latest posts