What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry

antonius

Coach
How good has he been going lately? I'd be the first to admit when he came up for Signing I wasn't bothered one way or the other weather he went or stayed. He was too much of a time bomb for me, you never knew what he'd come up with next to give the ball back to the opposition. But since he's re-signed he has turned all that around, he makes solid metres every game, he's cut all the crap out of his game, and is playing with a lot of Discipline ( example walked away from a bit of stiring yesterday, in the past he would've started swinging) and it shows in his performance, he is fast starting to live up to his early promise of last year.

gnome

Juniors
I tagged Josh as being special after seeing him in the lower grades a few years ago, but he really has dissapointed with the crap penalties he gives away. It was very pleasing to se him back away from the dragqueen who wanted him to throw a few yesterday.

If he cuts the stupid stuff out of his game he will wear green and gold one day.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He has been in great form. He did 18 hitups yesterday. At the start of the season, he only does about half as much. He makes great meters every hitup also. He still regularly falls back to the ground looking for a penaly. Just a tip perry, the refs know what you're about. You wont be getting a penalty.

Encurly

Juniors
He could be in Green and Gold sooner rather than later - at least in a Kangaroos lead up game.

I assume they'll take 6 props on tour, and that Bailey and Ryles are definitely out. That means we're left with three from the July Test - Webcke, Mason and Civoniceva. Kearns is probably the next in line after a good SOO series.

That leaves two places up for grabs. I imagine the main candidates would be Price, O'Meley, O'Hara, Davico, Clinton and Perry. Perry would have to be in with a show if he continues to put in solid, disciplined performances.

Jedda

Juniors
It's great to see Josh stepping up, especially during this part of the season.

Initially I was reluctant to see the Knights re-sign him considering the amount of niggle and crap he either dished out or reacted to, but I am pleased to see that recently he appears to have settled down a bit.

I think it would be great to see Josh go on the end-of-year tour, even if it is just for experience sake. How good would it be to see Josh and Joel Clinton (from the Panthers) as bench players for the tour team?

~bedsy~

First Grade
He has cut out the crap which has made him a better player..... I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a bit of a talking to about it.
It's good that he has come into the game better, I think he is maturing as a footballer.
As much as having another Knight as future Aussie captain I don't agree with an Aussie capatin being a player that can't play 80 mins.

Terminator

First Grade
pando said:
Future Skipper.
No, he's not the quickest guy off the block, although showing alot of improvement lately, I think Buderus then Kurt Gidley will be our next two captains, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Perry's but I can't see him being captain, maybe I'm wrong, who know's.

Doctor

Bench
The issue of Perry's mistakes vs his form has been debated before, but interesting developments have taken place recently.

Something was said by Chief to Perry, he re-signed, started to make some improvements, and now finds himself with what I would deem a very acceptable level of form.

I had a formula for his matches: He may gain 100 metres a match, but give away two penalties (undoes all the Knights work, and gives other team a gift 20-30 metres) and knock the ball on a couple of times (undoes metres gained, and means the Knights are defending again).

In essence he was losing us ground in some matches because although he runs the football hard and strong, he undid all his good work with his mistakes + stupid penalties.

Thankfully sanity has been restored to his head - he is being sensible in how he plays the ball, he doesn't rush things, he holds the ball tightly, and gets the job done to the point where he is our best prop forward.

I think he is in super form, shimply shuper (as Richie would say), and that spells big news for the Knights, and also confirms what many have said: He is a rep player when he is playing like this.

He has generally always provided metres - but now that he isn't making the former-mistakes of the past, he is becoming a very worthwhile asset for the side - :)

reladith

Juniors
I think Josh, as long as he keeps his fists away from blokes at fannys, will turn into a great asset for this club!

Encurly

Juniors
reladith said:
I think Josh, as long as he keeps his fists away from blokes at fannys, will turn into a great asset for this club!

Fists and Fanny's - never a good combination....

northey

First Grade
poor josh has a lot agaist him....
he can't controll shopping trollies, he had the bigggest bruise on his back side from falling over on the rocks in the front garden of his place...

keeney

First Grade
hahahaha nah, i just cant handle any of the 'L' words... lol, rofl, lmao, lol is the biggest lie in history, let me ask you, how many times a day do you 'laugh out loud' from online conversation? At least im being honest, haha is my way of saying i found this amusing, but not enough to lie to you about it. :p