What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet Hates at Work

I'll start...

People who call meetings for the sake of having a meeting and don't achieve anything.

People who e-mail late requests for things to be completed by you on a Friday arvo..I don't even respond.

Co-Workers who talk constantly about their mundane personal lives...good luck but not interested.

Feel free to add...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I work from home and I hate when work interferes with LU whoring

IanG

Coach
Managers who sit on their far arses in their ivory tower. Also hate it when I feel I have to look over my shoulder all the time.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bludgers and liars/blame shifters....I have no issue when my staff just chat when there's nothing to do, I won't find stupid sh*t just because their idle. But when people stand around chatting with work to be done it sh*ts me.

I also hate liars and blame shifters. FFS, I'll be more lenient if you tell me "Sorry, I f**ked up, I apologise" than if you go "Oh, so and so told me to do this and that and so when I came to do this I did it this way instead of that way" or whatever. Harden the f**k up...and I tell my staff all the time not to lie to me. I'd much rather they were honest and, for eg, called up and said "Hey boss, I'm still drunk....really sorry, blah blah blah" then tried to convince me they were actually sick or at their 6th grandparents funeral. God knows I'm hungover as sh*t half the time :lol:

This mite be a bit dodgy and cause a stir but i hate when workers especially at my work are hired as casuals but work their own way in regards to Nationality.

Eg a couple of months ago 2 guys from ghana were hired and both were doing the same work in the factory but 1 was doing nearly all of it and the other doing f**k all. it was quickly knocked on the head but was discovered that 1 was from a higher village in Ghana and the other was from a poorer family in the village so he had to do all the work basically becos of his status back in Ghana.

Bludgers and liars/blame shifters....I have no issue when my staff just chat when there's nothing to do, I won't find stupid sh*t just because their idle. But when people stand around chatting with work to be done it sh*ts me.

I also hate liars and blame shifters. FFS, I'll be more lenient if you tell me "Sorry, I f**ked up, I apologise" than if you go "Oh, so and so told me to do this and that and so when I came to do this I did it this way instead of that way" or whatever. Harden the f**k up...and I tell my staff all the time not to lie to me. I'd much rather they were honest and, for eg, called up and said "Hey boss, I'm still drunk....really sorry, blah blah blah" then tried to convince me they were actually sick or at their 6th grandparents funeral. God knows I'm hungover as sh*t half the time :lol:

Agree Baz...I manage a large department and have seen and heard everything. Half the time the crap that staff make up for sickies is laughable.

Honesty is the best policy...having said that; those that are honest and hard working get the respect from that they deserve.

Martli

Coach
I've never worked a job I had any interest in, so I guess my pet hate would be the actual work itself; generally unfulfilling, mundane and pointless. Obviously I have plans in place to get have a career in a field I am interested in, but f**k it's frustrating in the mean time, so glad I don't have to work at the moment.

Dani

Immortal
Pet hates at work? How about...work.

I hate everything about it and i wish it would die. Yesterday i actually considered flinging myself down some stairs and hoping i broke my leg or something just so i wouldn't have to go...

Pet hates at work? How about...work.

I hate everything about it and i wish it would die. Yesterday i actually considered flinging myself down some stairs and hoping i broke my leg or something just so i wouldn't have to go...

Bit drastic for a sickie Dani...

Latest posts