What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Ryan

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
And from memory he was a bit 'how ya goin' as a player too. All he had was the balls to tackle people at their knees. And he was a forward. And not a smart one either. Odds on he will be gone next year.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm sure Peter Ryan is being very 'defensive' at the moment.

All the club needs to do is tell Mr Ryan that they'll deduct $100 from his pay for every missed tackle ... he won't stay long. Hard to live on nothing!

user_nat

Coach
I'm sure Peter Ryan is being very 'defensive' at the moment.

All the club needs to do is tell Mr Ryan that they'll deduct $100 from his pay for every missed tackle ... he won't stay long. Hard to live on nothing!

Wouldn't it be better to pay him per tackle they actually do make? Cause then he might try making them actually tackle occasionally.

But really, can't blame it on just him. It's not like these guys have never played before.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Its too late in the season to really hope to achieve anything now...its gone..

My biggest issue seems to be with Cullen. He has failed miserably in his job. The first glimpse was the Petero f**k-up, and he's shown his incompetence time and time again since.

But yeah, ryan...my Dad taught him at school, said he was a total deadsh*t. Dumb people dont become coaches. Dumb people shouldnt hire dumb people to coach.

Twigg

Juniors
I think the club needs a total cleanout tbh. From Cullen to the defensive coaches (maybe Henjak as well) to the nuffy players that aren't interested.

Also whoever is in charge of signing/letting go of players needs to go as well.

But it probably won't happen though lol.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Dont blame Ryan, you signed players like Teo who could not defend in a touch match,deadset pillow and he has a few mates

Bayside Bronco

Juniors
When I started this thread I thought Ryan was the problem with his attitude (we ain't got a problem - it'll be right). But it's becoming very clear that he has got stuff all to work with. The buck stops at the top with the people who let go of Eastwood, Hannant, Moon, Civo, Stagg and all the others without finding replacements. The current crop just don't cut it and the club is in freefall. I think we need a change at the top, then the appointment of a strong coach who can sort the wheat from the chaff, make some signings and try to recover some respect for the Broncos next season.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
When I started this thread I thought Ryan was the problem with his attitude (we ain't got a problem - it'll be right). But it's becoming very clear that he has got stuff all to work with. The buck stops at the top with the people who let go of Eastwood, Hannant, Moon, Civo, Stagg and all the others without finding replacements. The current crop just don't cut it and the club is in freefall. I think we need a change at the top, then the appointment of a strong coach who can sort the wheat from the chaff, make some signings and try to recover some respect for the Broncos next season.

Thats a bit dramatic isn't it? A total clean out after half a bad season? I've seen seasons like this before under Bennett where the broncos fire in the first half then fall flat on there face after origin to just scrape into the 8. It always seems to work its way around until the next decent lot of juniors comes through. I mean Brisbane will have Copley, Hala, Mcguire, Hoffman and B Hunt all regulars from NYC over the next season or two and with the Broncos history of developing and holding onto quality young players you have a core there that could last 10 years.

Dazzat

First Grade
Ryan honed his skills as a defensive coach in rugby union ... say no more ...

blueballs

Juniors
ryano is a great coach he is very passionate and loyal. he does a great job and lots of over time with members that are not up to speed, It is not rynos fault players are having a go.

Country Bronco

Juniors
ryano is a great coach he is very passionate and loyal. he does a great job and lots of over time with members that are not up to speed, It is not rynos fault players are having a go.

True and its rhino. One of the best defensive forwards i've seen. Nick Kenny reminds me a lot of him.

DeeJ

Bench
I watched almost every game of the Broncos during the time Peter Ryan played but I cannot remember him one bit. Isn't that weird?

Country Bronco

Juniors
I watched almost every game of the Broncos during the time Peter Ryan played but I cannot remember him one bit. Isn't that weird?

Yes. I've been told that you're not normal. Also. Do you or anyone remember Bob Conway? He played for the broncos way back.

lynx000

Juniors
I remember him well. Great running backrower, could have been anything, pity he got some bad head knocks.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I remember him well. Great running backrower, could have been anything, pity he got some bad head knocks.

Yes that's him. He use to live near me, thats how i remember him so easily. But he probably remember little after head knocks that he copped.