What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peter sterling: Hall of fame

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I was there the day that thug Langmack took him out late which finally ended his career. It was a sad day.

umm!! try David Gillespie ;-)

Tank30

Juniors
Raoul Duke said:
Pitty he played for the Eels. Could've gone so much further had he played for a different club.

Your avatar says it all....Drugs are bad mate..:D

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Raoul Duke said:
Pitty he played for the Eels. Could've gone so much further had he played for a different club.
Yeah he could have won 5 grand finals, play one more test match, more awards and even captained nsw soo side.:roll:
Oh yeah could you name any player apart from another Eels player who's achieved more?

Freak2

Juniors
The first NSW player to be named man of the match in SOO.

I honestly believe he still does not get the accolades he deserves. Would love to have seen him play with the 40-20 rule. Parra would have won a lot more grand finals mark my words. Sterling was an absolute wizard on the field and his kicking game (at the time) was so far better than the next best it's unimaginable to considr what he could have done with 10 metres and rules to protect halfbacks.

For the younger generation who did not get an opportunity to watch Sterling in action do yourself a favour and get some old videos (or DVD's these days) and watch the little champion strut his stuff.

A young fella from soccer asked me recently who is better between Hindmarsh and Sterling. I told him Sterling is rugby league's Pele whilst Hindmarsh is Wayne Rooney.

Congratulations to the best player I have ever seen - P. Sterling!!!

How many times did that nuffy Wally Lewis win a Sydney premiership? The place where the true class players were.

The King was and still is, the most over rated player in rugby league history.

I still laugh, when the '82 Kangaroo tour comes up. Steve "I know everything" Mortimer and Wally "Pass me another packet of smokes" Lewis, thought they had to do nothing to retain their test positions. They were the media darlings, and they could not be dropped.

Enter Frank Stanton - exit Mortimer & Lewis - enter, the best half , five eighth combination seen in the last 25 years.

The rest is history. Invincible.

Sterlo, your are the true King.