What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peter sterling: Hall of fame

Redback71

First Grade
absolutley fabulous and as a parra supporter i was so proud to seem him up there with 6 other greats

Daren

Juniors
Congratulations to Sterlo, the youngest ever to be inducted into the hall of fame.

Stagger eel

Staff member
probably one of the greatest moment as an eels supporter is watching him on stage accept the award.

Congratulations to my favourite Parramatta player of all time.

DeeGan

Bench
Peter Sterling gets the accolade he deserves, a rugby league Hall of Fame inductee. Is he a chance at becoming a future immortal? Time will tell.

Congrats Sterlo!

parra001

Juniors
last night was a proud moment for all eels fans, sterlo rightly honoured as a great of the game, hindi people's choice/2nd rower of the year and if we had won a few games before brians departure i have no doubt hindi would have walked away with the dally m too....

Let me just say a big congrats to Peter Sterling for be inducted in to the Hall of Fame last night.
He is Parra thru and thru.
Watching him play in my younger years was a pleasure.
Well done Pete and continue your good work with Channel 9.

Sterlo, ever the statesman, made a good comment about the unheralded forward pack of the 80's. I have so much respect for Sterlo.

As much as people in here tend to bag some of the guys from the 80's - ie: Ray Price, the fact is, these guys sweated blue and gold. The glory they gained, and the gratification they gave me, will always be my fondest memory of the best team in the comp.

The '86 grand final would have to be the pinnacle of my supporting years. To see Pricey and the Crow chaired off the ground was awe inspiring!
(Many people forget, Pricey is one of the best dual internationals to ever go around - the old warhorse)

Last night, was as much recognition for Sterlo, as it was for the rest of the team.

Makes me proud to be blue and gold!!! Onya Sterlo!!!

Glenn

First Grade
Must admit I haven't always agreed with what he has said in his time in the media, but as a player he was without peer IMHO and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to see him in action in his prime.
Congratulations Sterlo :clap: :clap: :clap:

Slimy Eel

Juniors
eelavation said:
probably one of the greatest moment as an eels supporter is watching him on stage accept the award.

Congratulations to my favourite Parramatta player of all time.
Mine was watching Sterlo help us to four grand final wins. He has always been legend, good on ya Sterlo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NorthShoreEel said:
Sterlo, ever the statesman, made a good comment about the unheralded forward pack of the 80's. I have so much respect for Sterlo.

As much as people in here tend to bag some of the guys from the 80's - ie: Ray Price, the fact is, these guys sweated blue and gold. The glory they gained, and the gratification they gave me, will always be my fondest memory of the best team in the comp.

The '86 grand final would have to be the pinnacle of my supporting years. To see Pricey and the Crow chaired off the ground was awe inspiring!
(Many people forget, Pricey is one of the best dual internationals to ever go around - the old warhorse)

Last night, was as much recognition for Sterlo, as it was for the rest of the team.

Makes me proud to be blue and gold!!! Onya Sterlo!!!
great post mate i couldn't have summed it up any better :D i remember the 86 grand final as if was yesterday and sterlo was magnificent in that game,well deserved honor in my opinion onya sterlo :)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
A great player, but was also a great leader after 86, true inspiration, and people may say Johns i sbetter, but in my eye's Sterlo was the best...he did it the hard way under the 5 metre rule and better quality halves.

effnic

Bench
For some weird reason as much as i hate parra and everything they stand for i was filled with alot of emotion seeing Sterlo granted into the hall of fame, the man is a legend and deserves it every one bit.

bartman

Immortal
effnic said:
For some weird reason as much as i hate parra and everything they stand for i was filled with alot of emotion seeing Sterlo granted into the hall of fame, the man is a legend and deserves it every one bit.
Onya Effnic, that would take a lot of guts to admit. Cheers.

Nickeel

Juniors
Raoul Duke said:
Pitty he played for the Eels. Could've gone so much further had he played for a different club.

Does it hurt your head when you think?

Nick