What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Sterling Profile - Boots and All

TheParraboy

Staff member
Next sunday (19-6-05) :cool:

ps and his profile is about his playing days, not commentating :lol:

strider

Post Whore
peter sterlings profile?.....wow, can they fit that on the screen? - must be for widescreen only, cos a profile shot of that honker will need teh extra space

;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that is a must

for those who never got to see him play, he was a legend

TheParraboy

Staff member
Twizzle said:
that is a must

for those who never got to see him play, he was a legend

yes indeed and also good for "us" younger folk to see a true champion :cool:

IMO he had the best vision on the paddock from any player of any era, always knew what he was gonna do 2-3 rucks ahead of play.

TheParraboy

Staff member
chloe said:
All I know is that he was definately better than Mortimer.

absolutely Chloe

Mortimer had blinding speed, but that was about it
Sterlo had everything else :cool:

strider

Post Whore
I remember Mortimer had wonderful "rip your head off" cover defence - back in the days when high shots were almost fair game - he tried to decapitate his fair share of people.....while Sterlo had the classic "can't run without legs" tackling style.

Utey

Coach
I love the way Sterlo tackled, real traditional stuff. I wish I saw them in the wonder years.

TheParraboy

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
I love the way Sterlo tackled, real traditional stuff. I wish I saw them in the wonder years.

I hope they show a little bit of Paul Taylor (played a lot of fullback), who was the size of Sterlo, actually looked like him in every sense :D .
Often they used to swap positions in defence.
He was just as magnificent in defence

TheParraboy

Staff member
It is about to start now,

also Sterlos was absent from the footy show today, had to take his dad to hospital, hope all is ok

Glenn

First Grade
parraitdoesmatta said:
wasnt as good as i was hoping it would be to be honest, i was wanting more time on sterlo, maybe i m just to selfish?

I guess they had to fit it into the time they had, rather hard to do that for a champion player, over many seasons
But great to see the vision and rembering back to when I was fortunate enough to see him play live :cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
some of things he did back then were absolutely freakish and for a bloke who wasn't flash on his feet he sure broke the line on more than one occasion.

Get well Max!!..your a champion like your son.

Latest posts