What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Wb1234

Referee
If you’re concerned about AFL consider this. The average AFL team looks nearly exactly the same as it did in Australia in the 1950s under the White Australia policy.

Meanwhile the average NRL team actually looks like modern Australia - multicultural. If your players don’t reflect the current population then your future is limited.

Jamberoo

Juniors
If you’re concerned about AFL consider this. The average AFL team looks nearly exactly the same as it did in Australia in the 1950s under the White Australia policy.

Meanwhile the average NRL team actually looks like modern Australia - multicultural. If your players don’t reflect the current population then your future is limited.
Fair enough. I didn’t realise that 47% of Sydneysiders were Polynesian. Following on from that logic, Melbourne Storm need to run out this Saturday with three Chinese doctors, two Indian dentists and an African salesman.

Wb1234

Referee
Fair enough. I didn’t realise that 47% of Sydneysiders were Polynesian. Following on from that logic, Melbourne Storm need to run out this Saturday with three Chinese doctors, two Indian dentists and an African salesman.
That’s funny

anyway it’s over 40 percent of nrl players are islanders or kiwis

Sydney’s islander population isn’t that large they are a small minority group in Sydney

Pneuma

First Grade
All very sarcastic and well played but simple fact is that the NRL playing group clearly demonstrates a much more divergent player base than afl. You only have to watch a game of either and it’s obvious. Similar to soccer. Afl sticks out like a sore thumb of white supremacy I’m afraid. This explains the racist behaviour of its clubs. It also explains the administration’s attempts to cover it up. That’s what white men in white men dominated sports do.

Jamberoo

Juniors
All very sarcastic and well played but simple fact is that the NRL playing group clearly demonstrates a much more divergent player base than afl. You only have to watch a game of either and it’s obvious. Similar to soccer. Afl sticks out like a sore thumb of white supremacy I’m afraid. This explains the racist behaviour of its clubs. It also explains the administration’s attempts to cover it up. That’s what white men in white men dominated sports do.
No, it just explains that Polynesians that make up nearly half of all NRL players, prefer to play RL, not AFL. Polynesians make up 0.3% of AFL players. On the flip side, Africans for some reasons, play AFL but not RL. Both codes have a similar number of Indigenous players, and players from other backgrounds.

The origin of immigrants in Sydney v Melbourne v Perth/Adelaide/Tas (very white) also helped explain the difference. Half of Australia’s Polynesian population is in NSW. Vic and QLD have similar number and there are hardly any in WA/SA/Tas. Perhaps is is no coincidence that they move to the ‘Rugby States’. There are simply very few Polynesians playing AFL - that is why they do not get drafted. Don‘t worry, if the AFL got a whiff of an Islander kid showing potential they would roll out the red carpet just like they did with the failed recruiting of Falou and Hunt.

Wb1234

Referee
No, it just explains that Polynesians that make up nearly half of all NRL players, prefer to play RL, not AFL. Polynesians make up 0.3% of AFL players. On the flip side, Africans for some reasons, play AFL but not RL. Both codes have a similar number of Indigenous players, and players from other backgrounds.

The origin of immigrants in Sydney v Melbourne v Perth/Adelaide/Tas (very white) also helped explain the difference. Half of Australia’s Polynesian population is in NSW. Vic and QLD have similar number and there are hardly any in WA/SA/Tas. Perhaps is is no coincidence that they move to the ‘Rugby States’. There are simply very few Polynesians playing AFL - that is why they do not get drafted. Don‘t worry, if the AFL got a whiff of an Islander kid showing potential they would roll out the red carpet just like they did with the failed recruiting of Falou and Hunt.
Nah it’s bc afl just isn’t inclusive like rugby league

Melbourne has loads of Greek and Italian migrants whilst Sydney was more Lebanese

Polynesians don’t play afl because their body types aren’t suited to it. Remember when the afl were paying folau 3 million pa so all the islander kids of western Sydney would flock to afl

yet afl still ranks last in western Sydney

Saxon

Bench
Nah it’s bc afl just isn’t inclusive like rugby league

Melbourne has loads of Greek and Italian migrants whilst Sydney was more Lebanese

Polynesians don’t play afl because their body types aren’t suited to it. Remember when the afl were paying folau 3 million pa so all the islander kids of western Sydney would flock to afl

yet afl still ranks last in western Sydney
Look through the AFL team lists. Plenty of Mediterranean names there.

Pneuma

First Grade

Good on ya. You use this crap argument all the time about Africans. Must be something about Storm supporters that turns them into afl trolls. Have a look at the nrl and afl and tell me with a straight face the afl is even remotely close to having an equally diverse player base. You are a joke mate. Have a look at their draftees this year. All skinny white men. But continue on. I laugh every time I read your bullshit

docbrown

Coach
Yikes.

So 85% of AFL players are Anglo-Saxon or Celtic compared to 67% in the general population. I mean I knew their non-white issues were bad but I didn’t realise it was that bad.

Meanwhile the NRL is 61.8% Anglo-Saxon or Celtic, hence it’s slightly more diverse than the general population. According to that report we’ve got more than double the numbers of non-European players than other sports. I know some AFL fans can’t handle the sight of non-white football players but this is a good thing.

Pneuma

First Grade
Yikes.

So 85% of AFL players are Anglo-Saxon or Celtic compared to 67% in the general population. I mean I knew their non-white issues were bad but I didn’t realise it was that bad.

Meanwhile the NRL is 61.8% Anglo-Saxon or Celtic, hence it’s slightly more diverse than the general population. According to that report we’ve got more than double the numbers of non-European players than other sports. I know some AFL fans can’t handle the sight of non-white football players but this is a good thing.
Don’t tell Jamberoo this. He saw an African kid with a Sharon five years ago in Footscray. He’s never forgotten.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yikes.

Its why they are "Australia's" game. I'm surprised its not more popular in Cronulla.

Pneuma

First Grade
Yikes.

I got dragged to a game of this garbage two years ago and seriously it may have been 2 out of the 40 stick insects who weren’t clearly Caucasian. Awful game and mid strength beer. Shudder……….