What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

taipan

Referee
'Only last month was it reported the NRL was attempting to capitalise on the expansive American market, '

they seem to have missed the word 'betting' out of the sentence lol
Remember when we mocked the AFL and their push into China? well now its our turn.
We mocked the AFL, because China has no contact sports that involved oval stadiums.RL has been played at a pro level by Australians in the U.S. prior :SOO for 1, Souths against Leeds 2 prior .RL has much more in common with NFL ,than AFL has with table tennis.You of course would never mock the AFL:rolleyes:

We remember of course the AFL made an excuse about the average crowds on one occasion there, claiming they were in some entertainment section of the stadium,some BS Midgets type of excuse.Hence the mockery.
Um betting has received a swag of coverage regarding the venture. V'landys stated so at the start.Hardly a secret.
Using a bit of discretion ain't a bad idea.

taipan

Referee
That article has less detail then a Trent Barret game plan.

$200M? No venue locked in, no teams locked in.

"This is different to the other times" Why?
It's over 5 years 2024-2028 .My basic maths $200m /5 =$40m pa. Meaning travel, accommodation, venue hire, promotion/ ads etc.
We spent chicken feed before in a half hearted manner with no follow up.Just a hit and run job.5 years for started is not hit and run.
As if no teams being locked in now is a big deal.Two venues there ooh not locked in.
No prior CEOs /heads have taken such a big step on promoting the game.
But but it's all bad news.

taipan

Referee
Aus and US have impeccable records.
Both countries have issues, however:-
When Australia and the U.S start sending tanks in to stop uni students protesting about lack of freedom, you may have a point. Any wonder students in Hong Kong were jailed after the takeover by basically the CCP, and many students wanted out.
Put Muslims into special camps to reeducate them, that 's hardly civilised.
50m people have died over the famine there and the cultural revolution all under the control of the CCP.
Let alone the threats to the Democracy Taiwan.

When they denied the source of COVID now the Wuhan lab is becoming more and more a suspect, is hardly neighbourly.
I could go on but I might end up with a spy balloon over my house.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Both countries have issues, however:-
When Australia and the U.S start sending tanks in to stop uni students protesting about lack of freedom, you may have a point. Any wonder students in Hong Kong were jailed after the takeover by basically the CCP, and many students wanted out.
Put Muslims into special camps to reeducate them, that 's hardly civilised.
50m people have died over the famine there and the cultural revolution all under the control of the CCP.
Let alone the threats to the Democracy Taiwan.

When they denied the source of COVID now the Wuhan lab is becoming more and more a suspect, is hardly neighbourly.
I could go on but I might end up with a spy balloon over my house.
Counterpoint: Paul Kent

taipan

Referee
Says the guy judging a post based on who is posting it and not the content?

So do you think the NRL should be ridiculed the same way the AFL was?
It was explained China is far less familiar with AFL played on ovals than RL is with the NFL played on rectangular fields.
RL has a damn side more similarities totes NFL than AFL has to table tennis or soccer.
They were mocked over as an example using, BS excuse about an average crowd.they claimed they were there in some venue attached being entertained. Straight out of the Midgets play book.

Latest posts