What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Perth Red

Post Whore
Splitting the games over different stadiums with 25km between them kills the carnival atmosphere.. good luck gil
As mentioned the length of their game means you're not going to get lots of fans sitting around watching more than 1 or 2 games at a time so not sure the carnival thing that works so well for RL in Aus and UK works for them.

If they are letting members in for free and clubs are getting a six figure pay out the NSW Govt must be putting in a hefty pay cheque to cover it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I eagerly await Pistol Pete's next presser where he tells us how bad Melbourne must be if all the clubs want to come to Sydney and how NRL paved the way for them in this lol

MugaB

Coach
You obviously don’t get it. Sure the Premier deserves it but why do you think he or the Liberal government are going to do the game any favours now? For instance, if somebody questioned your integrity in public would you then turn around and help that person? You would help the enemies of that person.

It makes it even worse that the Opposition clearly aren’t going to do it so it is not like there seems to be an overall strategy from V’Landys.

I agree it is pretty funny that they are stealing a good idea. It was always likely that they would (I know Rugby has also tried it) considering the success it has been in League.

I guess V’Landys is the gift that keeps on giving for fumbleball
Won't take long before perroTiT gets the arse especially since they've taken on the stupidest magic round idea I've ever heard of, fancy the balls on ALF to bring all 18 clubs to rugba lig heartland and play a full round, expecting Victorian type crowds hahaha....
it will end up a massive piss up, and look like rugby in Melbourne...
Then the voters will turn on perroTiT coz he has paid for that instead flood relief and fixing up stadia... PVL will have a field day... go gill!!

Wtf are you doing with my tax dollars u TIT, i don't care if you spend it on infrastructure or jobs, or raises on nurses/teachers... or relief for the unfortunate... but hosting a full weekend on the dumbest of sports, when only 1% of Sydneys population attend its crowds.... DUMB FKN peroTIT

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
Won't take long before perroTiT gets the arse especially since they've taken on the stupidest magic round idea I've ever heard of, fancy the balls on ALF to bring all 18 clubs to rugba lig heartland and play a full round, expecting Victorian type crowds hahaha....
it will end up a massive piss up, and look like rugby in Melbourne...
Then the voters will turn on perroTiT coz he has paid for that instead flood relief and fixing up stadia... PVL will have a field day... go gill!!

Wtf are you doing with my tax dollars u TIT

I don’t rate Perrotet at all. I just don’t trust the intelligence of a person who willingly has eight or so children 🤣 Nevertheless the problem is that Labour aren’t going to kinder on the stadium funding thing.

MugaB

Coach
If we were smart, that weekend we would book the MCG and get the Storm to play Broncos or someone.. and try get 60k ?? but we aren't
Double header at perth too, dogs vs sharks, manly vs titans
have Redcliffe vs Cowboys in Brisbane .
Melbourne vs Broncos in Melbourne
Wests vs parra on easter monday is a given
Souths vs Roosters at allianz
Panthers vs Warriors in Auckland
Canberra vs st george at Bruce
Newcastle can drink in a toilet stall that weekend

Wb1234

Referee
You obviously don’t get it. Sure the Premier deserves it but why do you think he or the Liberal government are going to do the game any favours now? For instance, if somebody questioned your integrity in public would you then turn around and help that person? You would help the enemies of that person.

It makes it even worse that the Opposition clearly aren’t going to do it so it is not like there seems to be an overall strategy from V’Landys.

I agree it is pretty funny that they are stealing a good idea. It was always likely that they would (I know Rugby has also tried it) considering the success it has been in League.

I guess V’Landys is the gift that keeps on giving for fumbleball
Well next maybe they should try afl played on a rectangular ground

oh wait scratch that they already did

vlandys needs to put the premier in his place

I sincerely hope Melbourne now get the nrl grand final next year

Perth Red

Post Whore
Double header at perth too, dogs vs sharks, manly vs titans
have Redcliffe vs Cowboys in Brisbane .
Melbourne vs Broncos in Melbourne
Wests vs parra on easter monday is a given
Souths vs Roosters at allianz
Panthers vs Warriors in Auckland
Canberra vs st george at Bruce
Newcastle can drink in a toilet stall that weekend
Go head to head with them in a mega double header round! IF AFL are clearing out of their cities lets step in!

Perth
Souths v St's, Roosters v Sharks,

Melbourne
Storm v Bulldogs, Raiders v Knights

Brisbane
Broncos v Titans, Dolphins v Cowboys

Allianz or Commbank
Eels v Panthers, Wests v Manly

Steel Saints

Juniors
I eagerly await Pistol Pete's next presser where he tells us how bad Melbourne must be if all the clubs want to come to Sydney and how NRL paved the way for them in this lol

You need to find another 'nickname' for PVL. He doesn't deserve to be called ' Pistol Pete'. He definitely shouldn't be associated with Pete Sampras!

Latest posts