What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

AFL are great at investing in school auskick programs that get included in participation numbers.

If you go off the government reports their are more 5-8 playing AFL than League in both NSW and QLD .... utter crap
Fumbleball has been caught out more than once in NSW and QLD fiddling their junior playing numbers to get tax payers money. That tells you all you need to know about fumbleball

The_Wookie

Bench
Fumbleball has been caught out more than once in NSW and QLD fiddling their junior playing numbers to get tax payers money. That tells you all you need to know about fumbleball

It was 10 years ago. Literally like 2012 (centred around NSW and Birchgrove Oval with the AFL handing out numbers for the entire state instead of the LGA that requested them).

On July 24th, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the AFL had been caught lying about its participation numbers, originally said to be 1644, but later revised down to 238 when asked for clarification. The revised figure did not include school registered Ausckick numbers. A spokesman for the AFL explained the discrepancy

”Currently there are over 774 registered (536 school and 238 club) participants who reside in the Leichhardt LGA. The 238 players who reside in the Leichhardt LGA are forced to play in clubs outside the area”

The AFL later in the year conducted its own review of Community Football in NSW, and adjusted participation figures accordingly.

It was 10 years ago. Literally like 2012 (centred around NSW and Birchgrove Oval with the AFL handing out numbers for the entire state instead of the LGA that requested them).

The AFL later in the year conducted its own review of Community Football in NSW, and adjusted participation figures accordingly.

The AFL doing its own review is like a school kid setting out their own homework.

The_Wookie

Bench
In my opinion its all a scam to get taxpayers money, which is what Vicky Kicky house are all about

Its what all sports are about. Or havent you noticed all the shiny new COEs springing up everywhere.

There were a number of media reports a few years ago that showed that sports like rugby league werent taking advantage of the grants and funding they could apply for, werent doing the work with local councils and such.

Its what all sports are about. Or havent you noticed all the shiny new COEs springing up everywhere.

There were a number of media reports a few years ago that showed that sports like [/b]rugby league werent taking advantage of the grants and funding they could apply for, werent doing the work with local councils and such[/b].
One minute you say all sports bludge off the tax payer. In the next paragraph you say RL isn't taking advantage of the tax payer.

The_Wookie

Bench
One minute you say all sports bludge off the tax payer. In the next paragraph you say RL isn't taking advantage of the tax payer.

My point is that all sports look for government funding, some are better at it than others, and others have been basically derelict before PVL

I did think this was obvious.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My point is that all sports look for government funding, some are better at it than others, and others have been basically derelict before PVL

I did think this was obvious.
What makes you say that? Bankwest, nq stadium, gold coast stadium, hbf park upgrade, allianz stadium rebuild, origin sold to Melbourne, perth and Adelaide, numerous cofe’s funded etc etc were all delivered prior to pistol Pete becoming chair.

The_Wookie

Bench
What makes you say that? Bankwest, nq stadium, gold coast stadium, hbf park upgrade, allianz stadium rebuild, origin sold to Melbourne, perth and Adelaide, numerous cofe’s funded etc etc were all delivered prior to pistol Pete becoming chair.

yeah thats true. not sure where i was on that. I think my train of thought has been more on grassroots facillites or something

Storm80

Juniors
Back on to NRL administrations decision for the Dolphins to get the licence.

What’s the broncos first “city edition” jersey look like?

They have the river and inner south and west suburbs included as the geographical landmark on the front, with the story bridge and skyline on the back haha

All that BS people on here gave me about the dolphins gonna create this instant and huge rivalry in places 60km plus from Redcliffe can eat a dick.

Broncos positioning themselves as “Brisbanes” team (in south and west) while the dolphins are will be painted as the little suburban club from the north which no one south of the river will give two shits about.

Who would have guessed it? Who would have thought the Dolphins would get set up to be the little brother up the road that doesn’t represent Brisbane and will struggle to get a foothold in most of the brisbane market?

Could see it a mile off. And no question about it, the courier mail and news Ltd will push the broncos as “Brisbane’s only team” in perpetuity (99 years).

It certainly makes more sense why the NRL wanted the lolphins to have shitloads of cash prior to entering. Cause they gonna have to set fire to it to seriously take on news Ltd while the Broncos are marketed as brisbanes team.

Such a stupid decision to go with the lolphins over the Firehawks. They don’t really stand a chance to get on an even playing field with the broncos.

Attachments

• 68F3BB2C-427E-4D93-9B7B-F12F75DD838C.jpeg
    68F3BB2C-427E-4D93-9B7B-F12F75DD838C.jpeg
    662.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 3B9EE386-67E0-4BC7-992A-EF3A917E6EA3.jpeg
    3B9EE386-67E0-4BC7-992A-EF3A917E6EA3.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 6

mongoose

Coach
We will see... The Dolphins are in so may aswell get behind them. They can throw plenty of mud at the News ltd, plastic Broncos if they wanted to. Established 1947... 40 years before the Broncos.

Fangs

Coach
Listen to the players long enough and you'll soon be joining them. Doesn't sound too bad tbh.

Get rid of the captains challenge though.

Latest posts