What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Cactus

Juniors
Who does the NRL meet with when negotiating with Fox Sports? Is it the shareholders or people with operational control?
They meet with people of influence and most importantly, decision makers. Larry is both & is the top of the tree.

Maximus

Coach
They meet with people of influence and most importantly, decision makers. Larry is both & is the top of the tree.

Being the controlling shareholder doesn't necessarily make him the decision maker. It just means he put the money up for his son. The same filing you are using to declare him the decision maker also stated that David is Chairman and CEO.

Again. None of that has any relevance to your assertion that PVL is seeking to have a meeting with the wrong person. Clearly he is. Whenever the deal is done, which it is, Larry Ellison is the top of the tree when it comes to (Channel 10/Skydance/Redbird/Shell/NBC/whoever else wookie vomits/nominates in an effort to deflect)

But sure......go ahead & write another load of misdirection in a vain attempt to defend your credibility. Yawn.

By the way, since you want to talk about credibility. Why would Larry have any say in the business of Redbird? It is a minor investor in Skydance, along with numerous other businesses. Probably best to get your facts straight before acting like you know more than anyone else.

Cactus

Juniors
Being the controlling shareholder doesn't necessarily make him the decision maker. It just means he put the money up for his son. The same filing you are using to declare him the decision maker also stated that David is Chairman and CEO.
Its reported this deal is upwards of $11 Billion with Larry being the 77% controlling shareholder. That effectively makes him the owner of the business. Anyone who thinks he will have little or no direct interest in important matters of the business is delusional.

Why would Larry have any say in the business of Redbird? It is a minor investor in Skydance, along with numerous other businesses. Probably best to get your facts straight before acting like you know more than anyone else.
Take your own advice and get your facts straight. Nowhere did I say Larry will be having a say in Redbird so dont put words in my mouth.

The issue at play here is simple. Its a debate solely about the statement old mate Wookie made that PVL was trying to meet with the wrong person. I believe PVL is taking exactly the right approach & is seeking to meet the right person. Only an idiot with no common sense would construe meeting with the owner of a business as being the wrong person, but hey, believe what you want to.

Vlad59

Bench
This brilliant idea might finally get some legs

Well it’s getting out of date very quickly. Add PNG and it’s basically nonsense
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Call it ‘Sexy League’. Not only does it finally drop the word rugby but it’s relevant, its gender neutral, it’s memorable, it’s sexy. And remember, you can’t spell sexy without, sex.

MugaB

Coach
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Call it ‘Sexy League’. Not only does it finally drop the word rugby but it’s relevant, its gender neutral, it’s memorable, it’s sexy. And remember, you can’t spell sexy without, sex.
It's as sexy as robbo's face

Latest posts