What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

BlueandGold

Juniors
I was playing golf with a former rugby administrator, and he said that the best thing NRL did was get V'Landys. Went as far to say that if Rugby Australia has him, it would be seriously challenging RL for preferred winter code in Qld and NSW but obviously is dying.

Interesting observation. Also went on to say that his high school kids (all historically RU nurseries) have a keen interest in NRL and not much interest in rugby these days.

Your mate needs to stop smoking cones before Golf.

Jetka100

Juniors
Facts are union would never have someone of V`Landys type run their game anyway, note the sneering attitude of the establishment`s Racing Victoria towards him and the "horrible little man" gibe from Vic Racings CEO (towards which V`Landys replied "Hey, I`m not that small, I`m average, joke he may, but trust me he won`t forget things like that).
Anyway, union have had their supposed headkicking versions of V`Landys anyway, McLennan was the last, but they`ve all just been shown to be incompetent and that`s the difference.
McLennan was just all piss and wind. V’Landys can at least back up his bluster with achievements.

Latest posts