What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

Kiwi

First Grade
What is the go with picking on Wallace? the WHOLE team pretty have been playing poorly letely, not just Wallace. I think people have a very short memory and would rather find a scapegoat to blame during a rough trot than look at the broader problems.

This is how Wallace has scored in the players poll on here, voted by the same fans calling for his head ect.

Round 1 - 3 points
Round 2 - 1 point
Round 5 - 1 point
Round 6 - 3 points
Round 14 - 3 points
Round 16 - 1 point

not too shabby really and up till that point Hannant and McGuire were the only ones ahead of him on points I think.

So he can't be as bad as people are making out, I even saw several people say early on he had won us several games this year.

So maybe people should stop the call for his head, maybe a player or two needs to be dropped for a week as a wake up call, but I don't think Wallace is one of them.

Bretto

Bench
I've seen other people much harsher on Wallace than myself. My thing with him is that he's been really ordinary for the last 6 weeks, constantly making the wrong decision on the last tackle, getting trapped with the ball etc etc. He's down on form from earlier in the season where he was excellent in a few games. I remember commenting how he led us around the park and controlled the game with his kicking game. He's certainly capable of it, but has been frankly terrible in the last 6 or so weeks like I mentioned.

At the end of the day he's never going to be a creative half back. He's very much a structured type of player. I honestly thought earlier in the season when we played Canberra we looked unreal. The Hunt/Norman combination worked very well, but that's not to say that it might not fall to shit if one or both of them had a couple bad games too.

I think it's really sticking in peoples crop because they know he's capable of more, but his form slump has come at the worst possible time of the season.

Footy and their fans are mercurial in nature. If Wallace goes out there and has a blinder today, those same people lamenting him in other threads will be lording him. Swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:

jarro

Juniors
I think Wallace should be 5/8 and Hunt should be halfback.

Wallace can put a player through a gap with good passing, but he lacks the real creativity needed to be a great halfback (IMO)

woodyk2

First Grade
Wallace used to be a great halfback...lost without the so called great one perhaps?

diddi kong

Juniors
I am and have always been openly anti wallace, I'm baffled he was given all those points early in the year. He is just lucky to be behind probably the best pack in the comp.

Behold

Juniors
Yeah Wallace has to go for the rest of year for the sake of the team. He may be playing better than Norman currently (debatable) but he is the dominant half even when playing at second receiver and he is just not up to it. Neither Norman or Hunt are willing to out call him on the field so he has to go.

Bretto

Bench
Maybe this is all part of some bigger plan of Griffin's where he wants Wallace to play and fail miserably so he can go to the bosses at the Broncos and say, "See, this is how shit he is. Now let me buy a good Halfback."

MJ 23

Juniors
Should have played Gagai at the start of the season in the 6 like I said all along.
The coach has no clue.

johns_reds

First Grade
Should have played Gagai at the start of the season in the 6 like I said all along.
The coach has no clue.

You been registered for Less then a week, not sure how you can be "saying it all along"

Gagai was shit against bulldogs last night and wouldn't help the broncs one bit, he has a poor attitude and gives up

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
The coach has no clue.

Nice work, you registered a week ago so maybe you were telling yourself that, even though it is a shit idea.

By the way move on from the Gagai incident, its done! Im tired of people saying that the Broncos would be doing better with Gagai. Shut up and move on from it.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
The coach clearly has more of a clue than you.

I can tell you are the new Broncos2010, just going to piss everyone off with your stupid ass ideas.

MJ 23

Juniors
You been registered for Less then a week, not sure how you can be "saying it all along"

Gagai was shit against bulldogs last night and wouldn't help the broncs one bit, he has a poor attitude and gives up

Shit against the bulldogs? You obviously didn't watch any of the game.
He was up against the form center in the comp in Josh Morris, yet he came out of top and made Morris look silly on occasions.
You say he has shit attitude? He made 19 tackles last night and only missed 3. The most tackles by any of the backs from both teams. Morris made 11 tackles and missed 6.
Yeah he played shit and gives up :roll:

natheel

Coach
I think Wallace is a great player in a form slump. He took the absence of Lockyer on his shoulders and it's obviously taken its toll

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think Wallace is a great player in a form slump. He took the absence of Lockyer on his shoulders and it's obviously taken its toll

You must not have seen enough of him then. It doesn't help that he is probably the slowest and least agile halfback in the comp. That already has him on the back foot. Then throw in a general lack of creativity and ball skills and you have... Wallace.

Latest posts