What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peterson and Dykes to never play again.

Avenger

Immortal
I appreciate that Peterson is injured and I do not wish injuries to any Eel but when Grothe comes back he will automatically get his spot back. Which leaves Burt and Anderson to fight the other wing spot. This menas that peterson may never play first grade again, which I think is great.

In regards to Dykes I think if he stays in premmies for a while longer he will get frustrated and we may negotiate a release and ship him off to England. You see he has a very high opinion of himself as a footballer and will not cop reserves. Witt is a better player then him in every sense. Besides Witt is without doubt along with Hindmarsh and Cayless the biggest cult hero at Parra.

Pazza

First Grade
Get rid of Dykes and Try to get Orford! Sounds mighty fine to me!

A new coach will convice Lyon to come back also!

Parraren

Bench
With respect to Dykes, there is no if. He won't be at the club next year. He had talks with Souths last year so I would't be surprised if he ends up there after all.

Avenger

Immortal
Parraren any other good news. I remember last year you were on the money in regards to Cannings and Grothe.

Parraren

Bench
That's all I know for 100%. There are other murmurs regarding other players that might be released or told to test the market but it's just rumour at this stage and I don't like spreading rumours.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Dykes doesn't surpise me at all although denied from reports he and Smith have had a couple of run-ins.

Petersen I think will play 1st grade again but may not for the rest of this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Petersen keept in reggies to work on his defensive problems and once fixed (which may take till round 1 2005) he'll be back in

unlike Dykes you can't question Petersen's heart

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a shame Peterson isn't more talented, he deserves talent a lot more than some of the others. Dykes was looking good after a few games this year but in the last couple of weeks has resorted back to vintage Dykes from '02. I think if we are going to rebuild Parramatta to success, we need to get rid of these 400 k importants (Cannings included) and look to our own stocks, we have enough there.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a shame Peterson isn't more talented, he deserves talent a lot more than some of the others. Dykes was looking good after a few games this year but in the last couple of weeks has resorted back to vintage Dykes from '02. I think if we are going to rebuild Parramatta to success, we need to get rid of these 400 k importants (Cannings included) and look to our own stocks, we have enough there.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sorry I didn't mean to get rid of him, but rather stop the process. I'm just saying instead of looking to buying big names from other clubs we should look for the next big thing in the lower grades first.

Hurriflatch

Referee
judging on this weeks team Smith might finally be realising that I just would have been happier if this had happened when players like Kane Cleal, Steve Witt and co were still at the club.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Anyone that doesn't think Aaron Cannings is good go watch him train once he gets back to full fitness. He will be a leader of go forward once he comes back.

Cannings and Tsoulos would make a top front row pairing. Anyone that says Cannings is no good or has to go doesn't have idea about talent.

Eels Dude

Coach
queanbeyhole hindy fan said:
Ah ok, sorry , I misunderstood. - I do agree with you on that one.

Nah, my fault mate, I phrased it wrong.

I think Cannings should be back in a few weeks. Initial diagnosis was about 12 weeks, and he was injured 9 weeks ago so hopefully it shouldn't be long.