What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petro in Panther colours?

Kilkenny

Coach
I am a night owl hence I have had the opportunity of reading on line editions of all major daily newspapers.

As you will find out the broadsheets are laying claim to the Panthers being in the box seat to sign Petro.

I must admit I have never been so excited in anticipation that we could be on the brink of acquiring him for the next three years.

Panthers fans do not need Kilkenny to tell them what he would bring to the club if we secure his signature, so I wont bother.

The next couple of days, perhaps a week, maybe until after SOO 3 are now going to be one anxious and nervous time to see if the impossible could come true.

As I sit here typing the one thing I hope and prey is we do not fall short on any potential deal for a few measly dollars. God forbid if he wants $400K give it to him, dont stick on $360K only to be gazumped for a lousy few bucks. Make him an offer he cannot refuse.

Shane Richardson paid way overs for Joel Clinton.

Mick Leary and Glenn Matthews please do something similar and pay way overs for Petro. Unlike Joel, Petro is actually worth the money.

they should offer him some sort of cascading contract ( if its legal under the cap) , considering we are losing gowers $450K next year we may aswell spend it all up as there is very few other options out there. Unless maybe Todd carney stuffs up again.

something like $500K year one
$375K year two
$325k year three

that averages out at $400k.

Dave Q

Coach
The board must have been up all night as well.

This morning they announced that they are on a mission to sign all of the marquee players in the game coming off contract.

They must be copping some flack.

Its Ok to say that, but then the Marquee's sniff the kill ( in terms of dollars to be extracted) and expect overs.

Still, better than a stony silence and a blank stare we all know too well.

If the marquees show their greedy faces, at least you can try to talk them down to something sensible.

Richo delivered a premiership and looks like he will return Souths to our rightful place at the top of the league.

The Rhino

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Richo delivered a premiership and looks like he will return Souths to our rightful place at the top of the league.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ Richo taking Souths back to the top of the league (not directed @ Souths actually getting there, just Richo - I wish Souths all the best, but you can keep Richo, we don't want him back)

Dave Q, you sure you want Richo to take you there, have a look where his actions have left Penrith. On a downer, constantly over the cap due to his negioating BONUSES into player contracts.
Delivered Penrith a premiership, NO HE DIDN'T. Langy and the boys did, the only players part of the 2003 premiership squad brought in by Richo was Presto and Benny Ross. The remainder were all apart of Penrith prior to 2003 (2002 signed by M. Levy).

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I seriously can not believe the news! He will be to us what Steve Price is to the Warriors.

Well done to the Panthers actually signing a big name ( wish raiders could do it ) but Petro will look funny wearing the number 7 :)

Latest posts