What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF v Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah but Henry and Smith are ordinary on an edge. You are only looking for someone either side of halftime when Garner needs a rest
Perhaps, I don’t necessarily disagree, but you can’t cover all potential outcomes, otherwise you would include an outside back on the bench and or MAV who is not named anyway. I would back Garner to play 80 minutes if the need arose. The 1-17 probably just highlights we are 1 player short of the ideal squad, the absence of the Lenui factor.

If there is an X factor in a close contest Talakai could be a major contributor, he can be a threat. Sort of threat off the bench that perhaps we don’t possess. Only applies in a close contest so it would be nice to dominate the contest from the get go and take any influence he may offer out of the game.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I know it really doesn’t matter, but I would have been more comfortable with Atkins as opposed to Ashley Klein. It is what it is, but I’ve never felt comfortable under Ashley, his record pre 2020 speaks for itself. The most recent semi against the Roosters he somehow seemed to manage the game to make the outcome closer than it should have been. We will need to be super disciplined and not give him any leverage to influence this game.

Black Panther

Juniors
That’s why Klein gets the start instead of Gee who is a much better Ref. One Refs the game as it is playing out, the other keeps it interesting.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m nervous about this game as I am any other regular season game.

Do I think we will win, yes I do, but at the same time it is two teams, the best or better team doesn’t always win on the day.

I would like to think we will perform on Saturday night for the full 80 minutes something we haven’t accomplished too often in 2024.

We need to be at our best that goes without saying.

High completion rates, intense defence, minimise the potential for Klein to be a factor and everything else will take care of itself. Above all no bad luck, no Cat 1 HIA, no catastrophic unforeseen injury and we should be good enough to be there on GF day.

Iamback

Coach
Perhaps, I don’t necessarily disagree, but you can’t cover all potential outcomes, otherwise you would include an outside back on the bench and or MAV who is not named anyway. I would back Garner to play 80 minutes if the need arose. The 1-17 probably just highlights we are 1 player short of the ideal squad, the absence of the Lenui factor.

If there is an X factor in a close contest Talakai could be a major contributor, he can be a threat. Sort of threat off the bench that perhaps we don’t possess. Only applies in a close contest so it would be nice to dominate the contest from the get go and take any influence he may offer out of the game.

No you can't cover everything but you can set yourself up better for it.

I agree about Talakai. That has been a frustration for me all year.

Often we don't use the 14 or they get limited minutes.

Schneider/Eisenhuth got 18mins combined in week 1 of the finals. Goes with how the finals have played out in this run.

Schneider we need to carry on the bench. But an x factor type surely can be trusted for 10-15mins to change the flow of a game

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Hope the boys have been training under sprinklers, weekend weather forecast is horrendous.

It really isnt? Why do people keep saying this? Saturday forecast at Homebush is 20-21oC with next to no chance of rain into 24 degrees Sunday with no rain.

Tomorrow is shit house.

Black Diamond

Juniors
It really isnt? Why do people keep saying this? Saturday forecast at Homebush is 20-21oC with next to no chance of rain into 24 degrees Sunday with no rain.

Tomorrow is shit house.
Hope you are right, just heard on radio that rain and high winds forecast for entire east coast for the weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
I guess Scott Sorensen will most likely be swapped in for Matt E.

I hope he is good to go, hamstrings are problematic, shouldn’t be risked unless medical staff are 100% confident he can play whatever minutes are required. Hasn’t been a great season for Scott.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ramien and Iro potentially out. Ramien almost 99% gone
I wouldn’t read too much into these sort of stories, they are often just click bait. I hope they are full strength, don’t wish injuries on these big games on any team really. At the same we’ve got players who will be playing with existing injury, likely to require surgery in the off season just the way it is at this time of year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Iro has a mild bicep strain if the reports are correct, it would have to be more serious than a mild strain for him not to take the field.

The Ramien injury is probably the more serious and if he does play is unlikely to be anywhere near 100%.

maple_69

Bench
BOM has the below for Saturday at SOP. Sounds like good weather for Pantherball. Hopefully today's rain can drain quickly and the track isn't too heavy.

Cloudy. Slight chance of a shower. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. 30% chance of showers. 0-1mm predicted for the day. Highs of 21c.

maple_69

Bench
If Tago gets a sniff at either Talakai (bulked up since his full time centre days) or Hiroti, he could have his third rip snorter of the season.

snickers007

Juniors
If Tago gets a sniff at either Talakai (bulked up since his full time centre days) or Hiroti, he could have his third rip snorter of the season.

Fully agree, but other side of the coin, if Talakai gets early clean ball, Tago is just as likely to end up on his ass or snatching at thin air.

Latest posts